Product Merchandising Director - THE NORTH FACE
We are looking for an outstanding Director, Product Merchandising to lead our EMEA Product Merchandising team in Stabio, Switzerland.
The North Face is the premier exploration company in the world. We spark curiosity. We dare to disrupt. We create communities. And we lead with integrity. We are a community of explorers and are constantly looking for new ideas, places and people to connect with. The North Face is a subsidiary of VF, the world’s largest apparel and footwear company comprised of over 10 brands.
Let's Talk about the role!
The Product Merchandising Director is responsible for implementing merchandising plans to achieve brand performance goals, and for defining the merchandising strategy for the Brand, including alignment of Brand portfolio and product line, as well as accountability on collections output to be in line with the merchandising analysis and briefing shared with Design department.
The Candidate will bring in-depth knowledge of the European Outdoor Market, its Brands, Distribution, Activities, Athletes, Culture and Trends that define and impact these.
Active Participation in Core Outdoor Sports preferred.
What will you do
- Planning, monitoring and controlling of merchandising and distribution parameters and its relevant revenue targets of the EMEA Product range.
- Owner of the comprehensive merchandising architecture that addresses the needs of the EMEA market including but not limited to SKU count, distribution, seasonality, gender, pricepoint and GTM Initiatives.
- Actively participate on the development of the Global Merchandising Strategies and ensure implementation into EMEA merchandising strategies with Brand marketing campaigns and initiatives.
- Translates and prioritizes consumer insights and opportunities from countries/region to provide critical and valuable input to global Merchandising team during the complete product creation and GTM process. Interacts and guides during this process the Global Merchandising engine.
- Initiation, monitoring and controlling of products and/or special programs based on specific market needs that incorporate customer insights, consumer trends, competitive activities, market intelligence and the EMEA distribution strategy to drive the business.
- Maximization of product efficiency through long range planning and proactive communication, including follow up and ownership of EMEA Developed Product
- In the GTM Process ensures integrated category stories are brought to market at retail. Works closely with Marketplace Merchandising, Brand, Sales, and Global and Regional Merchandisers throughout the process. Acts as a core member during the GTM process and ensures alignment between product, sales and brand strategy.
- Collaboration with Regional MPM, Sales- Retail and Marketing teams to coordinate activities against agreed and aligned financial targets or other strategic goals set by Global/Region.
- Reviewing and monitoring of country product assortments to assure appropriate product positioning and acceptable margins in each country in EMEA.
- Conducting ongoing market research focusing on consumer trends, competitive programs and customer developments.
- Attend Strategic Account sell in meetings as needed to support Sales or obtain customer feedback.
- Educate the Country Sales organizations in developing merchandising skills which benchmark industry standards and skillsets.
- Build a strong working relationship with European Strategic Account partners to ensure constant improvement/evaluation of product range and to drive sales within this channel.
- Ensure collection is always positioned for growth
What you need to succeed?
- University degree
- Experience: A minimum of 10 years’ experience the Product Management, Brand Management or Merchandising and 5 years in managing merchandising team
- Excellent English and information systems knowledge
- Business Acumen
- Driving Execution
- Building Strategic Work Relationships
- Driving for Results
- Facilitating Change
What VF offers
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package.
A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
An inclusive international environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
Be part of an iconic lifestyle brand in a multi brand, multi countries organization
On site gym offering health and well-being initiatives
50% discount on all VF brands
Break out areas offering complimentary hot drinks
Free to Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, VF is committed to support disadvantaged groups whilst providing equal opportunities for both VF associates and applicants alike.
If you like what you have read and want to join our team then we would like to hear from you!