CAD & PLM Software Engineer (EN-IM-PLM-2022-136-LD)
CERN European Organization for Nuclear ResearchGeneva 23
Veröffentlicht:09 November 2022
CAD & PLM Software Engineer (EN-IM-PLM-2022-136-LD)
At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Using the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments, they study the basic constituents of matter - fundamental particles that are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives physicists clues about how particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature. Find out more on http://home.cern.
Great technology needs great people! Are you an experienced developer looking to provide an integrated engineering platform managing some of the world’s most complex equipment used by thousands of engineers and technicians? Are you interested in a career in an exciting international environment at the forefront of modern science? Then join an ambitious and dynamic team of engineers and IT professionals, take part!
The Information Management Group in the Engineering Department provides and supports software solutions for CERN’s engineering community. A key activity for this group, is to develop and maintain CERN's Product Lifecycle Management systems (PLM) to manage design data and technical documentation for our accelerator complex as well as the detectors of the Organization. The group is currently working on a challenging project to replace the existing landscape of silo applications by a single modern PLM platform. This integrated set of tools contains information about millions of equipment components. In total, over 5000 users depend on software provided by the group.
As a software engineer, you will be responsible for further enhancing our multi-CAD and PLM eco-system. You will in particular work with the development of CAD and PLM specific modules matching user needs, including web and desktop applications, but also solutions for Digital Twins and Virtual/Augmented Reality.
- Play a key role in the software design, system architecture as well as integration with enterprise applications.
- Work with users to transform expressed needs into application requirements and design specifications.
- Implement custom web and desktop applications as part of CERN’s PLM platform.
- Integrate CAD tools with 3D visualization technologies: web and native viewers, virtual/augmented reality.
- Build, maintain and operate CAD and 3D transformation pipelines, including the infrastructure required to run CPU and GPU intensive jobs.
- Take responsibility for code reviews, testing, monitoring and general system management tasks, including configuration, deploying upgrades and patches.
- Play an active role in the common and continuous effort of improving both the services and tools provided, including user support and documentation.
Master's degree or equivalent relevant experience in the field of software engineering or a related field.
- Proven experience in developing and maintaining large software projects using the .NET or Java Enterprise Edition stacks.
- Demonstrated experience in requirements analysis, software design and system architecture.
- Conceptual knowledge of 3D CAD related data structures and file formats.
- Practical experience in creating software that drives AR/VR experiences.
- Proven experience of Agile and DevOps practices
The following experience would be an asset:
- Development experience and knowledge of a major PLM platform (e.g. Dassault 3DExperience, PTC Windchill, Siemens Teamcenter, ARAS).
- CAD-development experience for a major mechanical CAD tool (e.g. Catia, Creo, Siemens NX, Autodesk CAD’s).
- Practical experience with game engines like Unity or Unreal.
- Business Analysis in the field of IT.
- Knowledge of Machine Learning.
- Conceptualising, designing and developing user experiences and interfaces: react (or similar), HTML5, CSS
- Knowledge and application of software life-cycle tools and procedures: git, Maven
- Testing, diagnosing and optimization of software
- Working in Teams: working well in groups and readily fitting into a team; participating fully and taking an active role in team activities Contributing to promoting a positive atmosphere in the team through an optimistic and constructive attitude; addressing issues
- Learning and Sharing Knowledge: sharing knowledge and expertise freely and willingly with others; coaching others to ensure knowledge transfer
- Achieving Results: delivering high quality work on time and fulfilling expectations Delivering prompt and efficient service taking into account customer needs
- Managing Self: working well autonomously; taking on activities and tasks without prompting Taking initiative beyond regular tasks and making things happen
Spoken and written English or French: ability to draw-up technical specifications and/or scientific reports and to make oral presentations in at least one of the two languages. The ability to understand and speak the other language in professional contexts would be an advantage.
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 07.12.2022 at noon (12:00 CET)
Contract type: Limited duration contract (5 years). Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
These functions require:
- Work during nights, Sundays and official holidays, when required by the needs of the Organization.
- Stand-by duty, when required by the needs of the Organization.
Job grade: 6-7
Job reference: EN-IM-PLM-2022-136-LD
Benchmark Job Title: Computing Engineer