Infrastructure and Health & Safety Manager (60%)
Veröffentlicht:06 Dezember 2022
Pensum:60 – 80%
Arbeitsort:Ave des Beaumettes 9, 1020 Renens
SWISSto12 is Switzerland’s fastest-growing aerospace company and a leading developer of advanced satellite payloads and systems, and advanced Radio-Frequency (RF) products and systems.The company’s patented 3D printing technologies and associated product designs are unique to deliver lightweight, compact, highly performing, and competitive RF systems. SWISSto12 has successfully established contracts for its RF product line in Europe, the US and Israel with prominent partners and customers such as Thales, CAES, Elbit, IAI and the ESA.
In addition to its RF product line, SWISSto12 also commercializes HummingSat: SWISSto12’s innovative, small-sized telecommunications satellite product line developed in collaboration with the European Space Agency (ESA); and recently selected by Intelsat to build Intelsat 45. It is scheduled for launch in 2025. HummingSat’s uniqueness comes from its small size and highly capable telecommunications payload.
If you are looking for position where you can play an active role in contributing to innovative and growing company, this role is for you
Infrastructure and Health & Safety Manager (60%)
We are looking for an experience Infrastructure and Health and Safety Manager to to ensure that all aspects of our production and assembly process, and office space, is aligned with country compliance and regulations and is able to support the company growth.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
Construction Project Management
To support our growth, you will be responsible for ensuring the company’s’ infrastructure adapts to promote company growth. You will do this by:
- Developing scopes of work, budgets, and schedules for assigned projects in coordination with the involved department
- Managing the execution of work by construction subcontractors
- Elaborating rough and detailed concepts as well as the development of solution variants
- Ensuring local and federal regulatory compliance for assigned projects
- Managing project documentation
- Ensuring that costs, deadlines and quality are met
- Defining and performing acceptance of the projects
- Oversee onsite subcontracted projects
You will be responsible for managing our offices, production and assembly site on a day-to-day basis. You will do this by:
- Manage and maintain utility systems for our production and assembly site. This includes electricity, heating, water, ventilation, compressed air, clean room, physical security, etc.
- Coordinate site production and assembly compliance with regulatory permits, fire inspections, and all major systems inspections.
- Manage inventory and supplies for facility maintenance
- Serve as the key contact in response to building related issues and or emergencies linked to our production and assembly site
- Ensure the prioritization and completion of work requests concerning the facilities
- Review, negotiate and recommend maintenance and service contracts with appropriate contractors/vendors for our production and assembly site
- Develop business continuity and physical emergency response plans for all locations.
Health and Safety Management
You will lead this by:
- Lead the Site compliance with applicable international and local EHS regulatory requirements
- Using a hands-on approach, work with management to ensure that activities related to EHS programs are effectively implemented. This includes training, audits, establishing safe work practices, measurements, inspections, hazard identification, risk assessments and controls
- Audit and report on health and safety performance
- Facilitate Site EHS measurements, analyze trends and establish, with line management, action plans for corrective and preventive actions, as required
- Perform risk assessments and hazard / near miss reporting & investigation. Develop tools to support risk assessments, safe work practices and adverse event / near miss reporting & investigation
- Analyze and address mandatory EHS training requirements and contents; plan and implement mandatory EHS trainings within the organization
- Identify upcoming local and international EHS regulations and risk initiatives, analyze potential impacts on operations and advise the Management Team on the acceptable means of compliance
- Develop and maintain regulatory documentation and records
- Carry out investigations on incidents and complains to identify and provide solutions to workplace situations
- Help create a zero-injury culture within the line management teams
Required experience and competencies:
- At least 3 years of professional EHS experience, preferably in chemical industries
- Basic technical training in the field of electrics, heating-ventilation-air-conditioning, or similar activity
- At least 5 years of experience in project leadership, project management, and operational implementation
- Hands-on experience in implementing EHS management systems
- Thorough understanding of EHS risk management, hazard identification, auditing, employee training and related governmental reporting requirements
- Ability to influence by example
- Ability to communicate effectively, develop and make presentations for all levels of the organization, and write documents and procedures
- Excellent communication skills and ease at working across different cultures and different levels of an organization.
- Proficiency in the use Microsoft Office products and usual software tools
- Ability to lead continuous improvement projects
- Bachelor’s degree in science, Engineering or related field, with Swiss post graduate EHS qualifications
- Fluent in English
Working conditions and contract:
SWISSto12 offers a full-time contract with an attractive compensation package. This position This position will be based in our Lausanne, Switzerland office.
More about SWISSto12:
SWISSto12 has successfully established contracts with IntelSat and ESA for HummingSat as well as contracts for their RF product line in Europe, the US and Israel with prominent partners and customers such as Thales, CAES, Elbit, IAI and the ESA. SWISSto12 is a spin off from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL), is privately owned and backed by prominent Swiss and European Investors. SWISSto12 is headquartered in Lausanne, Switzerland, and operates a US-subsidiary in Foster City California, another team in New Hampshire, as well as in Rehovot, Israel with a total growing team of over 50. The company is well funded for its near and mid-term developments and backed by a solid customer revenue stream.
19 avenue des Baumettes 1020 Renens VD