Are you interested in working for a company that is passionate about its customers? That lives its values and nurtures its employees? Then Medela is the company for you.
Founded in 1961 by Olle Larsson and headquartered in Switzerland, Medela today is led by his son Michael Larsson. Medela concentrates on two business units: "Human Milk", with basic research recognised globally and leading in the development and manufacture of breastfeeding products and solutions, and "Healthcare", engineering and manufacturing highly innovative medical vacuum technology solutions. Medela has 19 subsidiaries in Europe, North America and Asia, distributes its products in over 100 countries and employs over 1,600 staff worldwide.
At our headquarters in Baar, we are seeking a Global Category Leader to support our Sourcing Team.
Global Category Leader/Direct procurement (m/f) 100%
- Management of own portfolio of assigned Direct Material Categories
- Accountable for contribution to the global Direct Material & Supply Base Performance (Impact to EBIT, ROCE, innovation)
- Representing assigned categories within the Medela organization
- Own spend on own material categories
- Accountable for the setting of and achievement of the objectives of cost optimization and supply base optimization
- Provide forward looking guidance on trends, threats and opportunities
- Achieve the defined top down target for Direct Material 3rd party spend
- Assure the bottom up alignment of the sourcing activities with the BU targets
- Interface to R&D for Sourcing activities along with the Product Development and Innovation process
- Act as a change agent in regards to main stakeholders
- Management of category sourcing team
- Lead the development of Category management methods and tools
- Education: Master degree in Engineering, business administration or similar
- Knowledge of Quality-Systems related to ISO 9001:2015, ISO13485:2016 would be a plus
- 5+ years in-depth strategic and operational Sourcing experience with a solid working knowledge of Global Category Management
- The category will focus on electronics, EMS
- Good knowledge of production techniques and processes
- Ability to work in an regulated environment (medical devices
- Good communication skills in German and English, any other language will be a plus
- Creativity and ability for collaboration to increase the performance of the given framework
- Sensible and emphatic communication skills with suppliers, colleagues, internal stakeholders, etc.
- Strong analytical skills (risk based) and focus on the essential facts
- Able to get results through others, able to multi-task, sense of priority, able to handle stress levels.
- C.P.M., CIPS will be a plus
At Medela, you will be joining a global community of colleagues, united by the purpose that drives our business: helping people. Medela exists to advance human health and wellbeing through knowledge-based and innovative human milk and medical vacuum solutions.
Our employees are empowered to serve this purpose in a family-owned company that is growing rapidly around the world. We value intensive exchanges, diverse perspectives, and unbureaucratic decisions. You will have the opportunity to develop at an international level, and witness the direct impact your work has on our company’s success.
If you are interested in this opportunity, Deia Nguyen, Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist, is looking forward to receiving your application.
For this position we only consider direct applications - thank you for your understanding.
» back to search
Medela AG, Lättichstrasse 4b, 6340 Baar www.medela.ch