Senior Android Engineer, FinTech
As a Senior Android Engineer , you will be working directly with our design team and product managers with a focus on our Android application. You will join a growing team of engineers to create a revolutionary mobile experience and work on our most strategic channel, impacting hundreds of thousands of customers every month.
The FinTech team's mission is to provide a seamless checkout experience to our customers. Being the main Android engineer in the team, you will take ownership of the existing checkout experience and work together with the team to take it to the next level. Your tasks will range from defining and implementing architectural evolution, over monitoring, and stability improvements together with backend engineers, to UX evolution with A/B testing in collaboration with our product manager and our UX team.
- Contribute to the development of GetYourGuide’s native Android app
- Implement new features in the app and improve the user experience
- Contribute significantly to the team’s app roadmap
- Shape and improve the app’s architecture
- Maintain a high standard of quality for our code, features, and products
- Translate high-level ideas and requirements into practical solutions
- Contribute to learning and advancement of our engineering practice
- Product and data-centric prioritization and decision making
- Ability to turn ideas into solid, maintainable code
- Drive to improve; proactively identify problems and bring solutions
- High proficiency with Java and Kotlin
- Know your way around the Android SDK and Android Jetpack
- Open to learning new technologies and methodologies
- Positive, pro-active team player who is passionate about their craft
- Excellent English communication skills (orally and written)
Nice to Have:
- Have one or more successful Android apps published in the Google Play store
- Good knowledge of the following tools: Git, Github, IntelliJ/Android Studio, Gradle, Jira
- Experience with Koin, Room, RX, Coroutines, and JUnit/Espresso
- Experience with iOS development and Swift
- Experience with backend development (Java or PHP)
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Be part of an international team from over 70 nationalities
- Quarterly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- GetYourGuide gift cards to experience our products for yourself
- Virtual stock options that make you an integral part of the company’s growth and success
Do you have the skills for the job, enthusiasm about our vision, and fit our culture? We are already looking forward to hearing from you! If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the meantime, you can check our blog to get someinsights on fixing bugs andhow one of our Android developers sets up his projects. Check out other topics on ourblog to see what happens behind the scenes at GetYourGuide and check outTech Radar for an insight into the stack we use to turn our customers’ dreams' into reality!