Technical Services Manager
Technical Services Manager
# of Openings
The Technical Services Manager acts as subject matter expert for the Performance Additives business segment in Cabot Corporation. He/she will proactively lead our Technical Service efforts for the support of existing business and development of new opportunities.
The Technical Services Manager is an integral part of the team and reports directly to the EMEA Technical Services and Innovation Leader.
Location of the role can be flexible.
- Act as Technical subject matter expert for products and applications. Specific knowledge and experience in the field of adhesives and sealants would be an advantage
- Proactively work with the EMEA marketing function, global application development function and EMEA Sales team to capture new product and new market development ideas and facilitate their development through the Stage Gate Process
- Spearheading regional innovation through identification, development and commercialization of new products in collaboration with Regional Marketing and Global Applications Development team
- Leading Tech Service responsibility for nominated customer accounts, and developing technical relationships with those accounts
- Facilitating introduction of new products or grades, negotiating quality specifications by overseeing customer trials and obtaining technical approvals
- Structured investigation and resolution of product problems
- Giving technical training to Cabot employees, distributors and customers and being actively engaged in trade shows and other public forums
- Working closely with SH&E and Quality personnel to facilitate mutual understanding of regulatory matters
- Proactively lead strategic projects as required, in support of the EMEA Technical Services and Innovator Leader
- Technical knowledge of industry products and ability to absorb and impart technical knowledge of Cabot’s portfolio. Understanding key quality parameters, test methods, and competitive products
- Knowledge and capabilities to be recognized as credible advisor in the manufacturing technology, implementation and stewardship
- Ability to engage in verbal and written communications that are direct, concise, clear and relevant and delivered with appropriate style
- Track record of ownership and ability to resolve technical problems and customer complaints in a timely way that results in high satisfaction to both Cabot and the customer
- Knowledge of regulatory, SH&E, and quality system factors that could impact Cabot and /or the market
- Excellent interpersonal skills for working across and with Technical and Commercial departments
- Bachelor’s/University degree minimum, preferably in a technical or chemical field
- Requires 7+ years relevant professional experience in contact with customers & project management
- Solid understanding of Cabot target markets and product applications
- Analytical thinking and being able to manage complex tasks
- Flexible approach towards growing needs of the job
- Mobility – ready to travel for at least 30% of the time
- Relevant industry experience would be considered a plus;
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Experience of bringing products to market in a structured process (e.g. Stage Gate).
Cabot Corporation is a leading global specialty chemicals and performance materials company headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
We strive to be the most innovative, respected and responsible leader in our markets — delivering performance that makes a difference. As a market leader we collaborate with customers to find innovative solutions that will help them advance their own products for a wide range of industries, from transportation and infrastructure to environment and consumer goods. Our customers worldwide trust our solutions to help them address their needs and accelerate innovation in key applications — creating value and delivering an advantage over the competition. To learn more about Cabot products and applications please click here.
Our culture is based on four core values: respect, integrity, responsibility and excellence in everything we do. We understand and value the power of diversity and collaboration. We strive to create an environment that is conducive to the spirit of entrepreneurship, innovation and accountability, and empowers every team member to take responsibility for the execution of our strategy. We support and encourage our people to share ideas and explore ways to do things differently. Our passion for excellence and commitment to creating value and business success creates a culture in which everyone can contribute. We are known as one of the global leaders in safety, health and environmental performance and we continuously invest in sustainability, motivated in large part by the commitment and drive of our colleagues around the world. Read more about Cabot responsibility here.
Our global network consists of over 40 manufacturing facilities throughout North America, South America, EMEA, and APAC regions.
Apply for this job onlineApplyShareRefer a friend to this jobReferSorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.Share on your newsfeed
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
- Share this job on your Social Network! |More