Business Development Associate
Genioo is a next-generation management consultancy that has redefined the art and science of smart project delivery. Powered by a unique mix of talent, process, and tech, we work with Fortune 500 clients as a trusted partner to translate great ideas into concrete initiatives that deliver lasting value. We combine the best of consultants and non-consultants, the best of man and machine, and the best of client assets with our own.
Working at Genioo is like being at an entrepreneurial start-up and a top consulting firm all rolled into one. This is an adventure we’re on together and we couldn’t be more excited about it. We approach the workplace with the same passion for delivering value that we do with our client projects.
We give people opportunities to stretch and learn on their own terms. We challenge each other with a spirit of mutual respect and celebrate each others’ successes. We champion a feedback culture, ensure perspectives expand, and that potential is maximized.
Together as a team, we contribute to the progression of Genioo as a company and are committed to excellence in everything we do.
We have an immediate need for a Business Development Associate to help us build a world-class commercial organization. The primary mission of the Business Development team is to provide direct support to the commercial leaders who drive revenue for the company. To do so, Business Development Associates will assist our Account & Business Development Team to facilitate sales productivity and work with commercial leadership to track sales goals to plan. After a ramp-up period during which you will learn about our business and processes, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of Genioo.
This is truly one of a kind entry into the management consulting business and a great opportunity to stretch yourself and accelerate your career. You will learn a great deal about entrepreneurship, project management, sales strategy development, and execution as well as client relationship building and management. Depending on your skills and interests you will have the perspective to move and build your career in consulting or continue to work towards a leadership role in the operations.
What you should enjoy doing:
- Analyze the client portfolio together with the rest of the business development team to create targeted outreach campaigns.
- Create client Heat-Maps to focus prospecting efforts on the most valuable contacts along with the tailored messaging.
- Collaborate with team members to win deals through effective team-selling (contribution or lead role based on the type of opportunity) - Activities include meeting preparation, meeting follow-ups, proposal development, closing activities.
- Use Salesforce.com and related methods to ensure accurate knowledge transfer regarding account development, outreach progress, and opportunity pursuit.
- Work on key projects that increase our effectiveness in account management and business development (e.g. map competitors, develop new outreach capabilities, capture market trends).
- Contribute to and actively participate in key account meetings for business development alignment.
- Take the lead on additional projects within the team or cross-functionally to drive forward core company priorities and support the development of a fast-growing organization and scaling of internal functions.
What we look for:
- You have a Master’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent education
- You have around 1-2 years of experience in assisting multiple stakeholders within a sales environment
- You are fluent in written and spoken English and German
- You want to pursue your career in a fast-growing management consultancy and learn about sales, relationship management, project management and problem-solving.
- You are able to quickly build trusted working relationships with a variety of people and personalities
- You are passionate, proactive, and have a thirst for excellence and results
- You have excellent communication, organizational and time-management skills
- You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic working environment and are able to effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- You are proficient in MS Office and Google Suite