Senior Back-End Developer (PHP7), 80-100%
You will be part of a small and motivated team, actively contributing to the development of our various web applications. Most of your time will be spent working on our online surveying platforms, which total more than one million visitors per month – a number that is growing at a rapid pace. Our newest product, www.surveyhero.com, will receive the most of your attention.
You will be deeply involved in the design process for new exciting product requirements and take over responsibility for considerable parts of our existing PHP7 code base. Based on new requirements, you will independently analyze and elaborate possible software designs and implement them on your own, while closely working with other Back-End and Front-End Developers.
Ideally, you will also optimize our databases, improve our continuous integration processes, set up and maintain our AWS resources, extend our API and third-party integrations, give technical support to other team members, and much more.
Skills & Requirements
It is easy to underestimate the technical challenges of running an online survey platform on a large scale: Users will share their surveys with as many people as possible, often resulting in unannounced, dramatic traffic spikes. Our platform must be highly available and scalable, as well as maintaining fast loading times, because survey participants won't "just come back later" if it is down; We save and process large amounts of data that needs to be made available to our users in real-time. This data is often sensitive, so security is also a very important aspect of our work; We send millions of user generated emails (survey invitations) and need to ensure that they are delivered, all while preventing abuse from spam and phishing attempts. We offer a vast number of features, resulting in a large and complex code base. Maintainable and extendable code, automated tests and a well-organized software architecture is key to the continuation of our success.This is what we are looking for:
- University degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering, or equivalent qualifications
- 5+ years of experience as a Back-End Developer in PHP
- Rock-solid engineer mastering object-oriented programming and common design patterns
- Great experience with SQL and working with large data sets
- Comfortable with Linux, having no problem to set up and maintain web application servers and other back-end resources
- You are fluent in English
- Able to describe your software design and applied design patterns using UML
- Practice test-driven development by default
- Know-how in managing continuous integration processes
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Already used tools such as Git (GitHub), Gulp, TeamCity or Jenkins, TypeScript, IntelliJ/PHPStorm
- Experience in working in an agile team
- You speak (Swiss) German
We are a Zurich based Internet company that develops and runs professional web applications.
Unlike regular digital agencies, we do not take on any external client work but only develop and maintain our own products in-house. This allows us to fully focus on creating and evolving great web applications that are currently being used by hundreds of thousands of people every day around the world.
In addition to the opportunity to be part of a very successful team and help shape our increasingly rapid growth you will benefit from the following:
- A wide range of interesting tasks with the responsibility and freedom for you to work independently
- Enough time to keep yourself up to date regarding technology and web trends so that you can incorporate this knowledge into your daily work
- Flexible full-time or part-time work with flexible working hours
- Great job security and a competitive salary
- Relaxed working atmosphere in a beautiful and modern office in the very heart of Zurich, Seefeld
If you feel you are the right person for this vacancy, then please do not hesitate to send us your complete application in either German or English. Please include and describe some of your most amazing work that showcases that you have the experience and knowledge we are looking for. You can send everything by email to Lionel Marbot at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that a Swiss resident permit or a valid labor permit is required and that we only accept direct applications from potential candidates. We do not accept applications from recruiting agencies or head hunters.
By the way, we are also looking for a Senior Front-End Developer, 80-100%.