System Verification Engineer Quantum Computing
Zurich Instruments is a technology leader in advanced test and measurement instruments and a pioneer in quantum computing control systems. Our products are used by the most ambitious scientists and engineers around the world. In 2018 we launched the first ever commercial Quantum Computing Control System (QCCS) to accelerate the progress of the community towards impactful quantum computers.
You will collaborate closely with engineers and product managers of the QCCS components, as well as with the scientists that report from the field. You will stress-test the system and detect weaknesses that will be addressed by the engineering team. You will be evaluated on the level of reliability that the QCCS delivers in the field. Your work will be a valuable contribution to the international feat of building a useful quantum computer. For our Research and Development team in Zurich we are looking for a System Verification Engineer Quantum Computing.We are looking for a results-oriented, self-driven and motivated person who loves to tackle challenges in a cooperative fashion and feels inspired to work in a multicultural, high-tech environment.
Zurich Instruments offers a diverse work environment with an open company culture where people form the base of our success. Now is a great time to be joining the team. We look forward to receiving your resume and motivation letter.
- Drive system verification based on in-depth understanding of the Quantum Computing Control System (QCCS)
- Develop automated test strategies on system level, implement and document tests in close collaboration with system architects and product managers
- Contribute to software release generation
- Manage test setups and equipment required for QCCS verification
- Perform root-cause analysis and offer customer support for difficult cases
- MSc/PhD in Electrical Engineering, Physics or comparable with a background in verification and testing of real-time systems that comprise hardware and software development
- Solid background in digital signal processing, RF electronics, real-time systems and instrumentation like scopes and AWGs
- Expertise with software development in Python
- Strong critical thinking with a balance of analytical and creative skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to excel as a team player in a dynamic and agile environment