Senior Data Science Architect
Print / save as PDF
Senior Data Science Architect
Situated in the heart of Zug in Switzerland, which is globally recognized as the Crypto Valley and the home of multifold reputable crypto and blockchain organizations, we have established our headquarter operations. SEBA represents a new digital finance offering, which is committed to security, transparency and performance. Our talented teams build the bridge between the old and new economy and own a wealth of experience in financial markets, regulation, technology and information security.
We are bringing a new financial services paradigm to the crypto economy. As part of our continued growth we are investing into the expansion of our data analytics capabilities and are looking for an innovative, forward-thinking and hands-on Senior Data Science Architect to drive and evolve our data strategy. In this role you will have the unique opportunity to raise the organizational maturity from ad-hoc reporting to empowering employees and clients to take insights-driven business decisions. From a technology standpoint you will need to enhance as well as transform our data management and warehousing platform to orchestrate an increased data diversity as well as volumes alongside our cloud journey.
In the Senior Data Science Architect function, you will be responsible for the following:
- Take ownership of the MS SQL Server based Data Management Platform and Data Warehouse
- Further develop the Data Warehouse data model as well as associated ETL procedures
- Collaborate with business functions such as Finance, Risk, Operations, Trading and Client Management to implement new data analytics use cases and reports
- Champion data analytics within the company and support power users to build their own reports
- Build out a state of the art cloud based data architecture to support big data and real-time/streaming workloads (e.g. Lakehouse), in collaboration with the internal platform and engineering teams
- Introduce and maintain a Data Catalog to support governance, understand lineage and through the right meta-data management promote business driven self-service
- Participate in cross-functional data initiatives providing leadership and direction
For you to become part of SEBA’s journey, we require the following set of experience:
- At least 5 years professional experience in the data domain in roles such as Data Analyst, Data Scientist, Data Engineer and/or Data Architect
- At least 3 years working with analytics/reporting platforms, preferably PowerBI
- Expert data modeler, from conceptual modeling to concrete database schema implementation
- Hands-on stored procedure programming expertise, preferably in T-SQL
- Experience with different kinds of databases such as NoSQL, Object- or Column-oriented
- Experience with APIs, messaging systems, data integrations and data lakes
- Comprehensive knowledge of the software development lifecycle as well as strong Python programming skills
- Cloud experience, preferably with the Microsoft Azure data and analytics architecture
- Financial services background and passion to understand business needs and translate into insight generating solutions
- Strong team player, fostering relationships and cross-divisional interactions.
- Ability to drive initiatives and guide internal or vendor teams to deliver innovative data solutions
- Entrepreneurial mindset, self-directed, highly-engaged and taking ownership of driving ahead our data strategy
- Microsoft/Azure tool stack such as SSIS, T-SQL, PowerBI, Azure Data Factory/Purview/Synapse/ML
- Experience with open source software for Big Data & AI, e.g. Apache Spark/Storm/Hadoop/Flink/Atlas/Kafka, Tensorflow, Rasa, H2O, PyTorch, Keras etc.
- Experience with tick databases or similar to support reports updating in real time based on market data prices, orders, trades, etc.
At SEBA, our people make the difference. We look forward to receiving your full application (CV, Motivation Letter, Reference Letters and Diplomas).Additional information
Location Zug Position type Full-time employee Start of work Nov 1, 2021
Tobias Klein Apply now