Head Investment Advisory and Client Solutions
Purpose of the Job
The successful candidate will lead the Investment Advisory & Client Solutions team for Quintet Switzerland. The main purpose of the role is to contribute to the Quintet Switzerland growth strategy by developing an offering and solutions which are competitive and targeted to meet our clients needs. As a member of the Global Products & Solutions (GPS) management team, the candidate will contribute to the development of the global offering and will ensure that Quintet Switzerland clients have access to the most relevant products & solutions.
The candidate will be a member of the Executive Committee, Wealth Management Leadership Meeting, Operational (F2B) Committee and the Credit Committee of Quintet Switzerland. As local Head of Investment, the candidate will give regular update to the BoD on investment performance and status of Q CH offering.
• Manage, coach and develop the Investment Advisory team for Q CH core markets (Swiss onshore, UK, Asia, LATAM, ME), while also assuming responsibility for a limited number of dedicated advisory mandates
QCH Offering and GPS partnership
• Interacts with the group wide GPS organization to source the offering for Q CH
• Evaluate, review and advise on new product launch to ensure applicability and relevance for QCH clients by participating in the Group New Product Committee.
• Interacts effectively with other functions (legal & compliance, operations, finance) to ensure successful implementation of products and solutions onto Q CH platform
CIO / Investment proposals / Client Solutions
• Provide the CIO “view of the world” and create conviction on the offering with clients and CAs through high quality internal and external communication, eg in client pitches, investment meetings etc.
• Lead for investment proposal & portfolio reviews for “bespoke” clients in discretionary & advisory solutions
• Ensures client solutions across investments, lending and wealth planning are delivered in a holistic way (closely working with Market Heads)
• Coordinates delivery of overall offering across Investments, Lending and Wealth Planning (closely working with GPS product & services SMEs & owner)
Knowledge and Experience
• Proven and relevant Investment advisory experience supported by a university degree or equivalent by experience
• Seen as a credible investor with relevant experience across asset classes especially in Alternatives, Direct Investments, Structured Products.
• Proven experience in advising international HNWI or UHNWI clients with complex wealth structures and comprehensive requirements (Asia, Latam, ME, UK).
• Proven leadership and communication skills
• Strong commercial judgement
• Experience in collaborating with other key functions with the aim of implementing products & solutions onto local platform
• Strong understanding of financial sector, international wealth management, current trends and Swiss regulatory environment.
Attributes and Qualities
• Hands-on coach-player mentality
• Independent thinker with emotional intelligence
• Ability to act as strategic and trusted leader who can navigate and deliver effectively in an international, multicultural environment
• Seen as credible investor in front of CAs and clients who can build strong relationships, deliver the Quintet experience and strong results for clients
• Resilience, ability to cope with at times conflicting demands from group and local stakeholders with the necessary diplomacy and in a collaborative way
• Detail-orientated but also pragmatic; acts with high integrity, discretion and is honest and ethical.
• Team player, who communicates with colleagues from diverse and professional backgrounds in an open and transparent way
MS Office: Excel, Word, Powerpoint (fluent/advanced)
Bloomberg: advanced/expert knowledge
English & German
Fluency and/or working knowledge of Spanish and/or French would be an advantage, other languages welcome.