Embedded Linux Software Development Engineer
Toradex is a global company strongly focused on engineering & technology. We’re powered by a diverse & uniquely gifted workforce. We pursue the best people to propel our innovative vision of embedded computing. If you’re interested in being a driving force at an agile technology company, engineering clever computing solutions & helping other companies bring their products to life, we should talk.
As an Embedded Linux Software Development Engineer BSP, you are part of the R&D team, making sure our Linux BSPs and related software offerings for our SoMs (System on Modules) are constantly developed, maintained, and quality improved. The work ranges from initial bring-up, to driver and kernel development, up to build-system, tooling and distro level development.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain Embedded Linux BSPs for Toradex' embedded computer modules
- Device driver development: optimizations, bug fixing, add new functionality
- Eco-system: porting of third party software libraries, develop Software tools and utilities from scratch, Boot loader firmware
- Mainline selected items
- Suggest improvements related to products, software offerings, documentation, processes, etc. in order to allow continuous improvement
- Work closely with other team members in an Agile development environment and participate in technical analysis and decisions
- Communicate your work progress, coordinate with other development teams, and participate in R&D working groups
Desired Candidate Profile:
- Excellent C/C++ language knowledge and programming skills
- Expertise in Embedded Linux
- Understanding of key concepts such as pre-emptive and cooperative scheduling, interrupt priorities and priority inversion, logical and physical memory management
- Knowledge of industry standard interfaces and protocols such as I2C, SPI, UART, USB, Ethernet, PCI Express
- Demonstrable Electronics knowledge and work experience: the ability to read and understand hardware schematics and datasheets; to use standard development aids such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, bus protocol analyzers, etc. when developing low-level software which interacts directly with machine registers
- Familiar with communication peripherals (Bluetooth, Ethernet, Wi-Fi)
- Knowing OpenEmbedded/Yocto Project build system
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent English language skills reading/writing/speaking
- High-integrity, open, team player
Plus but NOT MANDATORY:
- Experience with Real Time Operating systems
- Knowledge of the ARM architecture
- Experience in Hardware development
What we offer:
- Agile, globally oriented and inter-cultural corporate culture.
- Work on the latest HW technology with early access to major SoC vendor
- Enjoy a flat hierarchy where you may truly shape our HW and SW offerings
- Count on a diverse team of experienced HW and SW engineers
- Variety of knowledge sharing, training and self-development opportunities
- The opportunity to play a key role in shaping your own work processes and your work environment.
- Contemporary employment conditions, modern office space and a flexible working environment.
- Opportunities for your personal development.
Toradex is a leader in embedded computing, serving innovative products to industrial, medical, automotive & IoT companies creating feature-rich & intelligent systems for demanding applications, e.g. supercars, self-driving tractors, patient monitoring systems – to name a few.
We provide effective & robust embedded computing solutions and strive for the best development experience in the industry with a focus on intelligent hardware design, innovative software solutions & free comprehensive support. Our relationship with our customers ensures that we all succeed and it allows us to participate in the realization of incredible new products. Our products are directly sold to more than 3'000 industrial customers in over 70 different countries worldwide.
For more information
- Visit our Homepage: www.toradex.com
- Connect with us and join our community!: https://community.toradex.com
- Our YouTube Channel