Operational Risk Specialist
Leonteq Securities AGZürich
Veröffentlicht:16 August 2022
Pensum:80 – 100%
Arbeitsort:Europaallee 39, 8004 Zürich
Operational Risk Specialist
WHO WE ARELeonteq is a Swiss fintech company with a leading marketplace for structured investment solutions. Based on proprietary modern technology, the company offers derivative investment products and services and predominantly covers the capital protection, yield enhancement and participation product classes. Leonteq acts as both a direct issuer of its own products and as a partner to other financial institutions. Leonteq further enables life insurance companies and banks to produce capital-efficient, unit-linked pension products with guarantees.
Leonteq generated turnover of CHF 28.9 billion and posted total operating income of CHF 417.8 million in 2021. As of 31 December 2021, Leonteq's shareholders' equity totalled CHF 802.1 million.
Leonteq has an investment grade rating from the rating agencies Fitch Ratings Ltd. and Japan Credit Rating Agency, Ltd., who have evaluated and assigned ratings to Leonteq AG and Leonteq Securities AG, respectively.
Leonteq is listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange (SIX: LEON) and is a securities firm regulated by the Swiss Financial Market Authority FINMA and is a member of the Swiss Structured Product Association.
About the role
Since the founding of Leonteq in 2007, the company has focused on developing an integrated technology platform that enables the automation of key processes in the value chain to produce structured investment products and long-term savings and retirement solutions.
Leonteq is currently implementing its Growth Strategy 2026, which began in 2022, and is executed through four dimensions:
- Offering: We are further enlarging and diversifying our offering across products, asset classes and issuers
- Platform: We are at the forefront of digitalization and will continue to invest in digital client solutions leveraging our scalable technology platform
- Regions: We continue to focus on our strong home market position whilst expanding our offering to a global client base
- Sustainability: We are implementing responsible investing opportunities for our clients and integrating best ESG practices for a sustainable development of our company
In the role as Senior Operational Risk Specialist you will foster Leonteq's growth strategy by promoting a sound risk culture and establishing operational risk management strategies, policies and processes to identify, measure, assess, report and control or mitigate operational risks.
What you'll do
- Investigate operational risk events, suggest corrective actions, and ensure appropriate reporting and follow-up
- Monitor and report top operational risks and their respective Key Risk Indicators
- Collect and evaluate (financial) data on different types of operational risks within the company
- Identify, measure and assess risks through in-depth discussions with delegates of each division
- Report the current risk situation on a regular basis to the Board of Directors and Executive Committee
- Participate in and support enterprise-wide projects, e.g., projects related to Operational Resilience, Crypto Assets, and Cyber Security
- Keep abreast of new laws and regulations and put their implications into practice and/or provide practical advice to stakeholders
- Conduct deep dives in order to identify new operational risks and/or challenge risk management strategies, policies and processes
- Facilitate and lead risk conversation between different functional areas within Leonteq, including Sales, Treasury, Trading, Legal & Compliance, Operations & IT and Finance, as well as between Leonteq's different locations, including Milan, Singapore and Amsterdam
What you'll need
- Master's degree, preferably in Finance, Economics or Business administration
- 4+ years of experience in a similar role in the finance industry, ideally in the market for Structured Products
- Strong analytical skills and preference to work with complex IT systems
- Effective communication with C-Levels
- Proactive, dynamic, independent and reliable
- Output-driven while having high quality standards
- Languages: fluent in German and English
Why you'll love working here
- Experience the dynamics of a leading fintech company in Switzerland
- Share your experiences with colleagues from around the world working at locations in Europe, Asia and the Middle East
- Work in modern facilities at an exceptional location in the heart of Zurich
- Hybrid work system: home office and office
Europaallee 39, 8004 Zürich, Switzerland