Within 6 months of your internship in the Information Management and Technology team you will have a unique opportunity to work with our Science and Technology organizations (R&D) and our IT expert to design and develop our new internal data platform, where an ecosystem of application and data will converge to enable new analytics capabilities based on internal and external knowledge.
You will collaborate with our IM&T and S&T team based in Kemptthal (Zurich) and work closely with other IM&T functions situated globally in other Givaudan sites. You will report directly to the S&T Platform Manager and work closely with our Solution Architect. This internship will start 1st. March or 1st. April 2020 for the duration of 6 months.
Internship IT and Research Systems
- Learn our IT landscape and related business processes and needs in the Science and Research department (S&T)
- Support our Architects & Database Experts in the design and build of our new robust and scalable data platform for our S&T applications
- Work closely with our S&T technical experts and our internal / external IM&T experts to design databases & optimized schemas to ensure data consistency and reliability of our new platform
- Research, analyze and optimize data models & author and maintain database and process documentation.
- Participate in technical workshop with internal and external experts and consultants
- An ongoing master or completed bachelor certification in the area of engineering science and information technology (Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or similar)
- An interest to work in a scientific research environment where IT is an enabler
- Database experience with Oracle, MySQL, MSSQL,PostGreSQL, MangoDB or equivalent
- Knowledge of middleware technology and API technology
- Knowledge in custom ETL design and implementation
- Software development skills in Java, Python or R
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to think quickly and offer alternative solutions
- An organized, goal-oriented, motivated self-starter attitude who can work well in a creative and enthusiastic business and IT team environment
- Software cartridges knowledge to enable digital chemical structure capabilities in applications
- Business fluent English is mandatory
Frau Sarah Indelicato