Your future at Agility
Agility Global Integrated Logistics is one of the world’s top freight forwarders and providers of contract logistics. It offers ocean, air and road freight, warehousing and distribution, and integrated supply chain services in more than 100 countries. Agility GIL also provides specialized solutions for capital projects, oil and gas, chemicals, and fairs and events logistics. GIL and its parent, Agility, are pioneers in emerging markets, and leader and investors in the use of technology to enhance supply chain efficiency.
Currently we are offering a temporary (1 year) job opportunity in Basel
Infrastructure Support Specialist, 100%
In this function, you are responsible for installing, maintaining, running and monitoring our IT- and IPT-Infrastructure. You maintain and verify our network and network-gear, internet-lines and software components locally and at our DC, in alignment with global IT.
- Be familiar with all server / network / communication hardware to install, configure and troubleshoot them at DC
- Perform routine audits of network / server systems and immediately report (possible) issues to IT Country Manager
- Ensure IT-Infrastructure / IT-Network is fully accessible and in overall healthy condition and do maintenance if needed
- Participate in disaster recovery operations, where applicable in consultation with IT Country Manager
- Provide recommendations on optimized information access, support and possible technology upgrades to IT Country Manager
- Document changes, and keep a record of these actions, with inventory of network / communication hardware for reference and service planning
- Assist on projects or specific tasks at local DC (Servers, Firewall, Switches, Routers, Cabling)
- Assist in level 1-support on request up to 40%
- Assist in level 2-support function to the Service Desk for Infrastructure Support and Network support related items
- Protect assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference
- Execute required security processes and/or activities in direct consultation with IT Country Manager
- Report security events, potential events, or other security risks to the organization and to IT Country Manager
- Minimum 7 years of network devices, desktops and server maintenance installation and troubleshooting experience
- Hardware and software troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge in LAN/WAN technology and configuration
- Knowledge of computing and network hardware and peripheral equipment
- Ability to install, configure, and maintain personal computers, networks, and related hardware and software
- Knowledge of computer and/or network security systems, applications, procedures, and techniques
- Fluent in German and English
- Additional French or Italian would be an asset
You will have the opportunity to work in a global, inspiring and highly dynamic environment within a motivated team, where you will have the chance to be actively part of building it up.
Please send your application to Mehmet Cetkin, Head of HR Switzerland, firstname.lastname@example.org. Apply now!
Agility Logistics AG
Herr Mehmet Cetkin
Head of HR Switzerland
St. Jakobs-Strasse 220