For motivated candidates, we offer a unique insight into Glencore’s worldwide business. If you join us, you will have the opportunity to experience different aspects of the company, be part of a global team, and contribute to the enhancement and protection of the company’s values. Glencore’s Corporate Internal Audit applies innovative internal audit practices to provide assurance and advisory services to the company’s stakeholders. We will also fully support you in your professional development.
- Maintain the team’s adherence to the Quality Assurance and Improvement Program (QAIP) according to the IIA Standards
- Organize external and internal assessments, and report the results to the Head of Internal Audit
- Support and promote the IA Department by creating high quality products (presentations, reports, internal audit manual), managing team’s knowledge library, and creating and collecting content for the corporate intranet
- Assist with the digitalization of the work environment to bring the department into the future
- Lead transformational and change initiatives within the internal department with the aim of continuous improvement
- Develop and organize training programs to develop the competences of audit team members
Our ideal person
- Strong relationship builder through interaction with internal clients
- Commitment and ambition to become one of the best in the field of risk management and internal audit
- Deep understanding of internal control concepts and models
- Curiosity and willingness to learn new topics and acquire knowledge of the Group's business over time
- Attention to detail
- Team player and good people skills
- Self-motivation to complete tasks without much supervision
- Mindset of providing value added services
- Creative to generate new projects and ideas to improve both operations and the Group’s audit function
- University degree is required; areas of study could include (but are not limited to) Business, Finance, Organizational Behaviour, Psychology, Computer Science, and Engineering
- At least 10 years of audit experience, 5 years of which should have been in an audit manager role
- Must have the qualification of Certified Internal Auditor (Other certifications such as CPA, FRM, CISA are a plus)
- Qualified External Assessor (or willingness to complete the training)
- Excellent command of English (native speaker is a plus)
- Analytical skills combined with critical thinking
- Strong understanding of the Institute of Internal Audit's International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF)
- We are committed to providing benefits which promote mental, physical and financial well-being. From healthy meal options in our restaurants and bistros to free use of the in-house gym including sport classes with professional trainers.
- We reimburse public transport for commuting to work.
- We provide tuition assistance for further education and training courses.
Who we are
Glencore is one of the world’s largest natural resources companies. Our operations comprise around 150 mining and metallurgical sites and oil production assets, employing 135,000 people directly and as contractors around the world.
OurPurpose is to responsibly source the commodities that advance everyday life. The products we source and market play an essential role in modern life. From the copper, cobalt and nickel powering the electric vehicle and renewable energy revolution, to the energy products helping us power this transition and keeping the lights on today– what we do touches every part of life as we know it.
The diversity of our portfolio underpins our strategic ambition to play a leading role in enabling the decarbonisation of global energy usage through providing metals such as copper, cobalt, zinc and nickel that are essential to the transition to a low-carbon economy. In a first for the mining and trading industry in addressing Climate Change, we launched a net zero total emissions ambition by 2050, which aligns our business strategy with the goals of the Paris Agreement.
Come and join us on our journey to a sustainable future.
Further information and reading:
- Introducing Glencore video
- Glencore’s Purpose and Values
- Purpose and Values booklet
- 2020 Annual Report
- 2020 Sustainability Report
Glencore International AG
Frau Gaye von Holzen