We offer motivated candidates the opportunity to join one of the world’s largest producers and marketers of commodities, and to become part of a global, multicultural team, which has an impact in the company through protecting and enhancing the organization’s value and driving positive change.
Senior Business Risk Advisor
- Contribute to the Internal Audit Function’s strategic objective of becoming an ‘insight generator’ and valuable business partner
- Develop strong relationships within our global industrial business and actively engage with stakeholders across all levels and functions to identify relevant trends, emerging risks, and help drive change
- Apply latest digital technology and data analytics solutions fit for next-generation auditing to deliver outstanding risk and assurance services
- Identify current and emerging key business risks and assess mitigating management controls
- Plan, organize, and perform audits, both remote and on site world-wide
- Perform real-time stress testing of key controls by simulating real-life risk scenarios and threats to assess control design and operating effectiveness
- Identify control gaps, weaknesses, and improvement opportunities, understand relevant root-causes
- Undertake ad-hoc special reviews as required
Our ideal person
- Operationally excellent with a hands-on approach, producing high quality work while meeting deadlines
- Flexible to work in a global team across various time zones
- Effective interpersonal and communications skills
- Great team player, able to lead global project teams
- Motivation to travel up to 20% world-wide (post Covid-19)
- Analytical skills combined with critical thinking
- University degree (required) in Business Administration, Economics, Engineering, or equivalent
- At least 5 years’ experience in internal or external audit, working in the natural resource industry (mining)
- Certifications such as CIA, CISA, CA
- Experience in data analytics and digitalisation space is a plus
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and spoken; additional languages are a plus
- EU/Swiss work permit required
- We are committed to providing benefits, which promote mental, physical and financial well-being. From healthy meal options in our restaurants and bistros to free use of the in-house gym including sport classes with professional trainers.
- We reimburse public transport for commuting to work.
- We provide tuition assistance for further education and training courses.
Who we are
Glencore is one of the world’s largest natural resources companies. Our operations comprise around 150 mining and metallurgical sites and oil production assets, employing 135,000 people directly and as contractors around the world.
Our Purpose is to responsibly source the commodities that advance everyday life. The products we source and market play an essential role in modern life. From the copper, cobalt and nickel powering the electric vehicle and renewable energy revolution, to the energy products helping us power this transition and keeping the lights on today– what we do touches every part of life as we know it.
The diversity of our portfolio underpins our strategic ambition to play a leading role in enabling the decarbonisation of global energy usage through providing metals such as copper, cobalt, zinc and nickel that are essential to the transition to a low-carbon economy. In a first for the mining and trading industry in addressing Climate Change, we launched a net zero total emissions ambition by 2050, which aligns our business strategy with the goals of the Paris Agreement.
Come and join us on our journey to a sustainable future.
Further information and reading:
- Introducing Glencore video
- Glencore’s Purpose and Values
- Purpose and Values booklet
- 2020 Annual Report:
- 2020 Sustainability Report
Glencore International AG
Frau Gaye von Holzen