Winterthur Gas & Diesel AG
Veröffentlicht:01 März 2023
Powering transformation for a sustainable future
At WinGD and across the shipping industry we face unprecedented change as we strive to bring greater sustainability into our global business. As marine engine designers our responsibility in this is significant. A career with WinGD has an impact on shaping a better world for tomorrow.
As a leading developer of the two-stroke engines that power merchant shipping, our people drive innovative solutions for our customers on a global scale. Headquartered in Winterthur, Switzerland, since its inception in 1893, WinGD continues the legacy of the Sulzer Corporation through innovation in design.
Our success in this ever evolving, competitive environment is based on the drive, innovation and collaboration of our diverse employee population, over 420 people worldwide, representing over 25 different nationalities. Come, be a part of this change.
WinGD is looking for a
As an expert in this field you will have global responsibility for the Environmental Health and Safety role. This will primarily include our Test and Innovation Center with our testing laboratory, based in Oberwinterthur. You will bring a minimum of 3 -5 years’ experience in Health & Safety and environmental management. Although you are comfortable working independently, you are a strong communicator and have the ability to instruct employees on today’s risks and work procedures. Only candidates qualified as Specialist ASGS will be considered for this demanding role.
Environment and Health & Safety
- Develop and execute environment and, health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines
- Evaluate practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law
- Coordinate training and presentations for environmental health and safety matters as well as accident prevention
- Monitor compliance to policies and laws by inspecting employees and operations
- Inspect equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions
- Investigate accidents or incidents to discover root causes
- Ensure emergency preparedness procedures are implemented through planning and executing drills.
- Fachmann/-frau Betriebsunterhalt (EFZ)/Specialist in Maintenance
- Certified in Safety / Specialist ASGS with eidg. FA
- Strong written and oral communication skills in German with conversational English
- An opportunity to shape the sustainability and environmental impact of the shipping industry. WinGD is on the leading edge of the technology which is shaping the future of the shipping industry
- A dynamic working environment, blending a long history of technology expertise with industry leading innovation across a global network
- Award winning and extraordinary products
- Multi-cultural and interdisciplinary teams offering diverse perspectives and collaborative thinking
- Dynamic and interactive working conditions. WinGD offers a non-hierarchical, agile structure where input and ideas are welcome
- In-house technology training and professional development opportunities