Axiom, is seeking an Attorney Talent Manager to join our team in Zurich. Axiom is a recognized leader in the business of law, is a new category of professional services firm and the world's largest provider of tech-enabled legal, contracts and compliance solutions for large enterprises.
Legal Recruitment Consultant
It’s 2017 and the legal industry has changed. Even those industries most resistant have succumbed to modernization... Axiom, a recognized leader in the business of law, is a new category of professional services firm and the world's largest provider of tech-enabled legal, contracts and compliance solutions for large enterprises. The Financial Times ranked Axiom #1 in business of law, #1 in innovation in corporate strategy and #1 in innovation in law firm efficiency, while The New York Times said Axiom is “rewriting the law firm business model.” We’re comprised of over 2,000 passionate Axiomites who serve over half the Fortune 100 across 17 offices globally.
What’s the role?
The Manager in Zurich will be responsible for the “lifecycle” of an Axiom attorney, from initial recruitment, through our onboarding process, to working with our bench of attorneys to manage their longer-term careers.
Specifically, this role is accountable for:
- Develop sourcing strategies to attract top-tier legal talent.
- Cultivate relationships and maintain close communication with candidates, colleagues, relevant alumni groups, professional organisations, and external recruiters.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of recruiting issues and trends in the legal industry and the local market in particular.
- Conduct all initial interviews for candidates, screening for suitability and ensuring candidates have a sound knowledge both of Axiom process and what a career at Axiom may look like.
- Serve as the main point of contact for candidate queries (particularly relating to our attorney value proposition).
- Managing our diligence process (ensuring all necessary documentation, reference checking etc. has been completed).
- Evaluate client demand in partnership with commercial team and assist in managing our attorney hiring strategy.
Fulfilment of Client Matters
- Participate with sales team in client intake calls to understand client requirements
- Identify Axiom Lawyers who effectively meet the requirements of the client’s needs
- Work with Axiom recruiting team to communicate business needs and drive matter-specific recruitment efforts
- Identify creative or alternative solutions for filling the client’s open matter when traditional routes may not be effective
- Gauge and generate interest of Axiom Lawyers in the related open matters through high-impact presentations and conversations
- Submit Axiom Lawyers to clients for review and gather feedback
- Attend client meetings
- Ensure smooth two-part onboarding of a new attorney (via initial individual Orientation and our group Orientation, “Readiness”).
- Develop trusted relationships and build community among the Axiom attorney bench in Switzerland and across Europe more generally.
- Manage attorney performance along with the client-facing members of the business team, and conduct in-depth annual appraisals.
- Work with the attorney bench to manage individual career development.
- Provide on-the-ground HR support to the attorney population across a variety of domains: employee relations, benefits, paid time off, etc.
- Partner with other Axiom offices and departments to ensure seamless coordination within Axiom.
First and foremost, successful candidates must be fit for our unique operating environment and culture: high-growth, innovative, lean, and values-driven. As such, successful candidates must be highly capable in each the following dimensions (among others): adaptability, curiosity, resourcefulness, analytical thinking/problem solving, proactivity, taking initiative, teamwork, thought leadership, credibility, and operating with/through a lean team (for people leaders: must be comfortable being a “player” and a “coach,” often in equal parts).
Beyond these characteristics, here are the required skills, knowledge, capabilities, and education:
- Fluency in both German & English, with French highly desirable
- 5+ years of professional experience within a law firm or corporate in-house environment, Executive Search firm, a Human Resources department, or professional service company.
- Highly persuasive communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Demonstrable ability to hire, coach, mentor, teach and develop others.
- The ability to assess attorneys’ continued connection with and commitment to the Axiom model.
- The poise and maturity to interact with senior level, highly experienced attorneys and/or clients, including the confidence and sensitivity to deliver tough or constructive feedback;
- Critical thinking and creative problem solving skills.
- High-level organisational skills, together with the ability to operate in an often high-pressured and fast-paced environment.
- Highly proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Excel and PowerPoint).
- Eligible to work in Zurich
Axiom is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce.
Ms Grainne Ni Cheallaigh