Who we are
Roche Kaiseraugst is a cornerstone of Roche’s global production and logistics network. It employs some 1900 people and is Roche’s largest and most innovative packaging facility worldwide.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Student Internship in Data Management for Students in IT, Business or Natural Sciences (as soon as possible, 6-8 months)
Master data are essential for planning and executing manufacturing. Of course the master data need to be of high quality to ensure that business decisions can be made on facts and excellent information as source of truth. Therefore it is necessary to understand and communicate master data management principles and standards and how master data impacts different business processes.
To handle this challenge, the Data Steward has been set in place in the manufacturing site Kaiseraugst. This role performs data management by routinely monitoring, analyzing, cleansing, and reporting activities with regard to enterprise master data to ensure a high level of data quality. The Data Steward is a business user with expert knowledge of business processes and how data is used within these processes.
In your role as Data Management Trainee you will support the Data Steward and be proactively responsible for the following activities:
- Proposing suggestions for improvement of data processes
- Developing methods for preparing and processing data
- Maintaining and developing the team’s website
- Communicating closely with stakeholders and incorporating feedback to improve processes and define appropriate governance structures
- Presenting your results within the organization
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
You are an enrolled student pursuing a degree, preferably in the area of Business Informatics, Business Studies or any business or technology related natural sciences.
Furthermore, you have the following qualifications:
- You have an interest in learning business processes in a manufacturing environment, especially in management of enterprise data
- You have an interest in identifying ways for continuous improvement
- Fluent in German and English
- Strong organization and communication skills
- You are self-started and fully committed to the challenge at hand
- You are a goal-oriented team-worker and relish working in a dynamic multi-disciplinary environment
- Good knowledge of MS Office software application is required (i.e. Excel, Access, Power Point)
The starting date of this internship is as soon as possible or upon availability. Please clearly indicate your preferred starting date and duration of internship (4 to 6 months) in your cover letter.
Applications need to include a CV and a motivation letter.
Due to regulations non-EU/EFTA citizens must provide a certificate from the university stating that an internship is mandatory as part of the application documents.
F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG
Ask HR Schweiz
T: +41 61 6870 444