MCH Group is a leading international group of companies specialised in live marketing.
The exhibition portfolio comprises about 100 own and third-party exhibitions, including the worldwide most important watch and jewellery show and the internationally leading art shows. The business locations in Basel, Zurich and Lausanne cover a total exhibition area of more than 220,000 m2. The infrastructure comprises also the Congress Center Basel and Congrès Beaulieu Lausanne. The Event Services companies provide comprehensive, top-quality services in the fields of event management, stand construction and also multi media events.
Marketing Manager Business Initiatives (f/m)
Art Basel stages the world's premier modern and contemporary art shows, held annually in Basel, Miami Beach, and Hong Kong. Each show spotlights the latest developments in the visual arts, offering visitors new ideas, inspirations and contacts in the art world. The Art Basel shows attract the industry's most important influencers, galleries, collectors and thought leaders.
The Business Initiatives Department is the entrepreneurial arm of Art Basel and is dedicated to the creation, launch and management of innovative exchange platforms for the arts outside of the shows' territories. The first initiative launched by the Business Initiatives Department was the Art Basel Crowdfunding partnership with Kickstarter in 2014. This was followed in 2016 by the Art Basel Cities initiative conceived to support select partner cities in developing long-term programs that share the vitality of their cultural scene with global audiences. A first multi-year partnership was announced with Buenos Aires in September 2016 and launched in November 2017. More initiatives will follow in the years to come (www.artbasel.com/cities).
The Business Initiatives team is comprised of individuals with diverse professional backgrounds located in Basel, Hong Kong and New York. We are looking for an enthusiastic independent personality to join our Business Initiatives team as:
- Supporting the Senior Marketing Advisor in developing and implementing all marketing activities related to Art Basel Business Initiatives
- Supporting the Senior Marketing Advisor in leading the creative process and developing the branding of new Art Basel Business Initiatives in line with Art Basel's overall brand strategy and brand identity guidelines
- Developing & implementing Business Initiatives marketing plans including but not limited to: advertising (print and online), digital marketing, print collateral, signage, editorial content, events and communications campaigns to promote the various Business Initiatives to their target audiences, under the supervision of the Senior Marketing Advisor and in coordination with Art Basel's existing Marketing and Media Relations experts
- Leading & executing marketing projects: CRM, KPI reporting, etc.
- Fluency in digital and social media program/extensions.
- Supporting the overall collaboration process with all relevant Business Initiatives' stakeholders, clients' representatives, suppliers, agencies, sponsors, and other institutions
- Working closely with Art Basel's communication and marketing agencies
- Aligning and partnering internally with the relevant business units and regional organizations
- Financial management and budgeting for specific marketing projects and activities within the Business Initiatives Department
- Higher level degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field
- At least 5 years of professional experience in the development and implementation of sophisticated global marketing and communications strategies in international marketing in arts or luxury goods
- Proven track record of creative marketing campaigns or projects (portfolio requested)
- Experience in brand strategy development and implementation
- Demonstrated ability to work on tight deadlines in a fast-paced business environment
- Leadership and negotiation skills
- Knowledge and experience of the art world
- Sensitivity and understanding of other cultures
- Rigorous with an attention to detail
- Excellent writing and speaking skills in English
- Spanish and other languages are an advantage
- Willing to periodically work overtime, weekends and occasionally travel
This Position will be based in New York or Hong Kong. Please submit your application with documentation in English by email to:
MCH Messe Schweiz (Basel) AG | 4005 Basel | Human Resources | Katrin Moser | E-Mail: email@example.com