MCH Group is a leading international group of companies specialised in live marketing.
The exhibition portfolio comprises about 100 own and third-party exhibitions, including the worldwide most important watch and jewellery show and the internationally leading art shows. The business locations in Basel, Zurich and Lausanne cover a total exhibition area of more than 220,000 m2. The infrastructure comprises also the Congress Center Basel and Congrès Beaulieu Lausanne. The Event Services companies provide comprehensive, top-quality services in the fields of event management, stand construction and also multi media events.
Content Manager Business Initiatives (f/m)
Art Basel stages the world's premier modern and contemporary art shows, held annually in Basel, Miami Beach, and Hong Kong. Each show spotlights the latest developments in the visual arts, offering visitors new ideas, inspirations and contacts in the art world. The Art Basel shows attract the industry's most important influencers, galleries, collectors and thought leaders.
The Business Initiatives Department is the entrepreneurial arm of Art Basel and is dedicated to the creation, launch and management of innovative exchange platforms for the arts outside of the shows' territories. The first initiative launched by the Business Initiatives Department was the Art Basel Crowdfunding partnership with Kickstarter in 2014. This was followed in 2016 by the Art Basel Cities initiative conceived to support select partner cities in developing long-term programs that share the vitality of their cultural scene with global audiences. A first multi-year partnership was announced with Buenos Aires in September 2016 and launched in November 2017. More initiatives will follow in the years to come (www.artbasel.com/cities).
The Business Initiatives team is comprised of individuals with diverse professional backgrounds located in Basel, Hong Kong and New York. We are looking for an enthusiastic independent personality to join our Business Initiatives team as:
- Defining and supervising the tone of voice, content guidelines and brand voice implementation for the Business Initiatives, under the supervision of the Senior Marketing Advisor
- Leading the creation and strategic distribution of content across all channels (print, digital, social, newsletters) for Business Initiatives under the supervision of the Senior Marketing Advisor
- Working closely with the Global Content Manager to coordinate content creation and distribution, and integrate Business Initiatives content within the Art Basel brand content strategy
- Managing a Business Initiatives editorial calendar and leading the internal alignment process
- Defining key communication topics in close collaboration with PR and other departments
- Creating stories about key Art Basel Business Initiatives stakeholders (such as the partner cities, artists, collectors, institutions etc.)
- Exploring new content formats and strengthening video marketing
- Reviewing and approving all content with the support of the Marketing Manager
- Higher level degree in Journalism or Communication
- Senior-level professional experience in arts, media or publishing
- English native speaker, with excellent writing skills in English
- Experience in digital communication
- Proven track record of creative content creation (portfolio requested)
- Demonstrated ability to work on tight deadlines in a fast-paced business environment
- Leadership and negotiation skills
- Knowledge and experience of the art world
- Sensitivity and understanding of other cultures
- Rigorous with an attention to detail
- Spanish and other languages are an advantage
- Willing to periodically work overtime, weekends and occasionally travel
This Position will be based in New York. Please submit your application with documentation in English by email to:
MCH Messe Schweiz (Basel) AG | 4005 Basel | Human Resources | Katrin Moser | E-Mail: email@example.com