DSM – Bright Science. Brighter Living.™
Royal DSM is a global science-based company active in health, nutrition and materials. By connecting its unique competences in life sciences and materials sciences DSM is driving economic prosperity, environmental progress and social advances to create sustainable value for all stakeholders simultaneously. DSM delivers innovative solutions that nourish, protect and improve performance in global markets such as food and dietary supplements, personal care, feed, medical devices, automotive, paints, electrical and electronics, life protection, alternative energy and bio-based materials. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 25,000 employees. The company is listed on Euronext Amsterdam.
More information can be found at www.dsm.com .
Senior Laboratory Technician / Associate Scientist (f/m)
Does the prospect of working in a laboratory make your heart beat faster? Are you used to delivering outstanding results and strive for excellence in everything you do? Then our position as Senior Laboratory Technician / Associate Scientist (f/m) might be the right next step for you!
Based in Kaiseraugst, you will be part of the enzyme team and will mainly develop and validate analytical methods in different matrices with focus on enzymes. In addition, you will assume the following tasks:
- Planning and execution of the analysis of enzyme activities in different matrices, based on existing methods and support of the continuous improvement of these methods
- Execution of enzyme activity assays for the determination of enzyme kinetics (including effects of e.g. potential inhibitors or activators)
- Qualification, calibration and maintenance of analytical laboratory equipment
- Oral and written reporting of performed work respective results
- Lab technician with at least five years of experience or Bachelor/Master degree with at least two years of experience in life sciences, analytical chemistry, or related fields
- Hands-on experience in the execution and development of enzyme assays together with a sound expertise in Biochemistry/protein chemistry
- Experience in UV/Vis absorbance and fluorescence spectrometers and multi-mode plate readers
- Knowledge in microbiology, probiotics, ELISA technology and experience with computerized lab environment (i.e. LIMS, electronic lab notebook, scientific databases, CDS) is an add-on
- Open-minded team player with flexibility to work in different innovation projects or laboratory teams
- Good command of English and German is required, French is a plus
Working for DSM means the opportunity to really contribute to improve people’s lives and solving the challenges of today’s world. Challenging jobs, career opportunities and an inspiring environment allow you to enhance your personal development. DSM recognizes that the on-going success of the company depends on the continued development and engagement of our employees and pursues a fair and competitive remuneration policy, recognizing individual and team competencies and performance.
Procedure & Contact
Interested in this position? Please apply on-line by sending us your CV & Motivation letter in English along with reference letters via the career portal ( www.dsm.com/careers ). For additional questions, please contact Kerim Hanafi ( firstname.lastname@example.org ).
Reference check procedures are part of the DSM Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be contacted when these references checks are required.
Royal DSM is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
DSM Nutritional Products AG
Herr Kerim Hanafi
Talent Acqusistion Specialist