Help us shape the future of banking. The Avaloq group is an internationally leading Fintech company. Avaloq is the only independent provider for the financial industry to both develop and operate its…
Junior Software Engineer Accounting
Help us shape the future of banking.
The Avaloq group is an internationally leading Fintech company. Avaloq is the only independent provider for the financial industry to both develop and operate its own software. Headquartered in Switzerland and with branches in the most demanding financial centres worldwide, the company employs more than 2,200 highly qualified banking and IT specialists and has a global customer base of more than 155 financial institutions.
For more information, please visit www.avaloq.com
For the further development of our software components in the area of accounting, we are looking for a motivated software engineer who is interested in the banking business and ready to take on new challenges. As a member of the development team Accounting, Legal Reporting, Cost&Fee and Compliance you are part of a dynamic group that is responsible for accounting related functionalities covered by the Avaloq Banking Suite. Tasks range from incorporating accounting standards such as IFRS or US GAAP to fund administration and trust accounting. Furthermore the team is owner of Swiss legal reporting, cost accounting and MIS topics including respective interfaces to third party systems. During your daily work, you are in the specialist lead for development in topics mentioned above. Your contact with industry experts, external partners and customers constantly challenges you to improve your knowledge of the software you create and the business which it covers. Together with our business analysts you analyse customer requirements and drive the design of new functionalities or the enhancement of existing features. Besides your main focus on accounting functionality development, you also have the chance to support development in other areas in the company or to work on interdisciplinary innovation projects.
The Avaloq Banking Suite is mainly programmed in PL/SQL and our own script language Avaloq Script. The development takes place in our integrated development environment which is a strongly customized Eclipse platform. Within this development environment we follow standardized and industrialized processes starting from specification, going over development and ending with packaging and deployment of the software.
- Preparation of solution outlines, effort estimations and design notes in tight collaboration with the business analysts and software architects
- Design and implementation of new functionality according to specification
- Extension of the standard parameterization for the Avaloq Banking Reference
- Maintenance of existing functionality
- Support of other development teams regarding design and implementation for functionalities within the team’s software components
- Development of automated tests and support of our development center in Manila for the maintenance of existing tests
- Technical support of customer projects (new implementation of the Avaloq Banking Suite or upgrades)
- University degree in computer science, business informatics or equivalent
Professional requirements & skills
- Solid knowledge of software engineering
- Profound understanding of object oriented software design
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of relational database systems (Oracle, PL/SQL) is a strong plus
- Experience in development of complex applications are an advantage
- Basic knowhow of double entry bookkeeping is an advantage
- Open minded and team oriented
- Eager to learn and take on new challenges
- Interested in the banking business
- Fluent in English (German is a plus)
Main place of work
Additional information on Avaloq and on our other vacancies can be found on www.jobs.avaloq.com
Avaloq Evolution AG
Frau Michelle Hiestand