DSM – Bright Science. Brighter Living.™
Royal DSM is a global science-based company active in health, nutrition and materials. By connecting its unique competences in life sciences and materials sciences DSM is driving economic prosperity, environmental progress and social advances to create sustainable value for all stakeholders simultaneously. DSM delivers innovative solutions that nourish, protect and improve performance in global markets such as food and dietary supplements, personal care, feed, medical devices, automotive, paints, electrical and electronics, life protection, alternative energy and bio-based materials. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 25,000 employees. The company is listed on Euronext Amsterdam. More information can be found at www.dsm.com.
Segment Marketing Lead Food and Beverages EMEA (m/f)
Are you excited by new developments for the consumer market and do you want to be part of a team with exciting challenges, then this might be the opportunity you are looking for! We are looking for an entrepreneurial Segment Marketing Lead Food and Beverages EMEA (m/f) to join our Human Nutrition & Health Marketing department within DSM Nutritional Products. The starting date is as soon as possible or by appointment and the position is based in Kaiseraugst, Switzerland.
Develop and implement a multi-year strategic marketing plan for our Food and Beverages Segment, from which annual plans will be developed, revised and refined to reflect market conditions. The strategy will include effective collaboration with regional sales and marketing teams, relevant cross- functional units (i.e. innovation, regulatory, technical) and drive growth by bringing new products/innovative solutions into the market.
This position will provide regional leadership for our Food and Beverages Segment, will identify and capitalize on growth opportunities, resulting in an increase in DSM’s market share in the relevant market in EMEA, while also supporting retention of the current core business in this segment.
As part of the newly created global Segment team, the Segment Marketing Manager will provide:
• Continuous assessment of the regional macro and micro trends affecting the segment’s market, articulating segment’s priorities and identifying innovation opportunities
• Drive growth by selecting the right projects to work on and actively discuss together with Sales Management the Project Portfolio
• Act as the Project Manager and/or Project Team review member for selected projects and drive implementation of strategic projects
• Develop a multi-year cross-functional regional strategic marketing plan, elaborating creative marketing campaigns
• Provide Value Propositions to the regional Sales Force and train/educate selected Market Managers in Value Proposition for the Food and Beverages segment
•Identify, communicate and organize support needs from Technical Marketing, Communications, Supply Chain, Sales, Production, Innovation, Legal and IP and other internal functions to effectively implement strategy and tactics
• Identify and engage with Strategic Customers for the segment, participating in class associations and keep developing connections within the Food and Beverages industry
• Give input in the segment-specific Market Communication plans and activities for the region
• Provide guidance on digital marketing
All of the above, used as input for the Global Strategic Marketing Plan.
You will report into the Marketing Director Human Nutrition and Health EMEA, based in Kaiseraugst, Switzerland.
• Bachelors/University degree in sciences, business or related field, Master’s degree being a plus
• 10+ years’ experience in sales and trade marketing. Preferred experience in nutritional product ingredients and segment market
• Deep knowledge and understanding of trends in the Food and Beverages Segment and ability to create and amend a fluid strategy to align with these trends
• Creativity, passion and innovation for Food and Beverages’ markets and product applications
• Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and in a matrix organization
• Leadership experience, including competence to lead without authority
• Strong communication, presentation and customer facing skills
•Fluent spoken and written English, other additional European languages being an asset
• Proficient computer and analytical skills
• Able and willing to travel regularly both domestically and internationally
Working for DSM means the opportunity to really contribute to improve people’s lives and solving the challenges of today’s world. Challenging jobs, career opportunities and an inspiring environment allow you to enhance your personal development. DSM recognizes that the on-going success of the company depends on the continued development and engagement of our employees and pursues a fair and competitive remuneration policy, recognizing individual and team competencies and performance.
Procedure & Contact
Interested in this position? Please apply on-line by sending us your CV & Motivation letter via the career portal (www.dsm.com/careers), please click on the menu vacancies and enter the job ID 19879. For additional questions, please contact Fabian Graf (email@example.com).
Royal DSM is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
DSM Nutritional Products AG
Herr Fabian Graf
Recruitment Business Partner