Reliable Radiation Detection. Our Expertise – Your Security
Arktis Radiation Detectors develops and manufactures next generation systems that detect and identify radioactive and nuclear materials to enhance security and operations. Using Arktis proprietary advanced radiation detection technologies we create solutions that deliver step change improvements in capabilities for a wide variety of applications used by customers and governments across the world.
Embedded Systems/Software Engineer (100%)
This is a great opportunity to join a young and fast growing company in Zurich and work on one of the important security challenges globally. Over the past years Arktis has developed next generation systems that detect and identify radioactive and nuclear materials.
The Embedded Systems Engineer will play a critical role in a fast paced, agile, software development environment and will provide quality solutions in support of Arktis’ detection systems. The successful candidate will support the production and maintenance of both new and existing firmware and software applications and its interfaces to hardware and electronics.
The position will be based at Arktis offices in Zurich and might involve international travel.
- Development of firmware for the readout and control of radiation detection systems
- Ownerhsip of firmware development tasks in the company
- Partecipate in the software development using agile methods (Scrum)
- Interface with electronics and hardware development
- Actively participate in testing and implementation
- Education in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar on the level of FH/ETH.
- Worked in a similar role for at least 3-5 years
- Worked on software products which required interfacing with hardware/electronics components
- Good knowledge of C/C++ for embedded systems,
- Experience in embedded systems and hardware development
- Experience with ARM microcontrollers or similar.
- Experience with C/C++ 11, STL and multithreading programming
- Good knowledge on computer networking (Ethernet and TCP+UDP/IP, Socket programming)
- Basic knowledge of source code management using git
- A bachelor degree in electrical engineering or computer science
- Fluent in oral and written English
- A strong willingness to learn
- Pragmatic, upbeat and can-do attitude
- Swiss national or valid working permit (B or C)
- Test driven development for embedded systems using unit tests (Unity / CppUTest)
- Basic knowledge of FPGA designs written in VHDL.
- Python programming language
- Linux (Ubuntu) operating systems
- Scrum and Agile methodologies
- Schematic capture and PCB layout using Altium ECAD
We offer an exciting job in a small, young and dynamic team. You’ll have larger than normal decision-making authority and quickly take on responsibility. At Arktis, we know that our employees are our best assets and we invest accordingly in their ability to acquire new skills and know-how.
Are you a pragmatic quick-learner who fosters teamwork? Then we are looking forward to your application including cover letter, CV and work certificates. Applications will be treated with confidentiality. Please send your application via following link to our consultant Harry Kulczynski from Stellenwerk AG. In case of questions please don’t hesitate to contact Harry Kulczynski by phone on +41 44 365 77 44.
Herr Harry Kulczynski