PartnerRe Ltd. is a leading global reinsurer, providing multi-line reinsurance to insurance companies. It is a dynamic, challenging, and rewarding place to work. We are always looking for bright,…
(Senior) Underwriter Property & Casualty for Russia+
PartnerRe Ltd. is a leading global reinsurer, providing multi-line reinsurance to insurance companies. It is a dynamic, challenging, and rewarding place to work. We are always looking for bright, proactive people with expert knowledge skills, and integrity to join our international team. Our culture is based on trust, responsibility, openness, and initiative, and we pride ourselves on delivering the best possible reinsurance solutions for our clients.
We are seeking for our Zurich office a dynamic and results-oriented (Senior) Underwriter to join our MEAR department
(Middle East, Africa, Russia & CIS), which is part of a larger Property & Casualty Unit responsible for the worldwide P&C business.
In this role you will be responsible for building-up, developing and monitoring a technically sound and profitable portfolio, with existing and prospective brokers and cedants in Russia+ and Turkey. This position includes both underwriting and marketing tasks. In more detail your area of duties will be:
You are a (Senior) Underwriter with market experience in Russia and possibly also in Turkey
- Performing results-oriented underwriting, based on exsiting underwriting guidelines, including pricing
- Managing client relationship for allocated markets and lines of business
- Having access to key decision makers on market level
- Representing PartnerRe at market events
- Monitoring and heading (when necessary and appropriate) the overall relationship with clients across Business Units
- Monitoring of results and developments for the allocated portfolio / markets
- Responsibility over reinsurance contract wordings
- Exposure analysis and control
- Collaborating with Claims Specialists, Technical Accounting and Underwriting Support, etc.
- Analyzing and reporting market trends, economic and legal developments and assess their impact on your segment
- Actively taking part in budgeting, reporting and planning
- Contributing to regular and specific management information requests
, bringing along the following experience/profile:
- Several years of experience in treaty and if possible facultative underwriting
- Good knowledge of the Property, Casualty and Motor Lines of Business
- Fluent in Russian and English (written and verbal), Turkish and other languages are a plus
- Ability to work effectively both within a team and also independently
- Driven towards finding solutions and being responsive
- Strong analytical skills
- Outgoing personality with excellent communication and negotiation skills in different cultures
An international environment, where you will be challenged, can learn from Senior Specialists and are exposed to multiple sections of our business. Our structure fosters collaboration with various stakeholders.
One of PartnerRe’s core strengths is its technical know-how, built over many years of investment in the right people working on challenges. Be that person and join us!
Frau Sonja Di Pizzo