PartnerRe Ltd. is a leading global reinsurer, providing multi-line reinsurance to insurance companies. It is a dynamic, challenging, and rewarding place to work. We are always looking for bright,…
Senior Pricing Actuary - Life
PartnerRe Ltd. is a leading global reinsurer, providing multi-line reinsurance to insurance companies. It is a dynamic, challenging, and rewarding place to work. We are always looking for bright, proactive people with expert knowledge skills, and integrity to join our international team. Our culture is based on trust, responsibility, openness, and initiative, and we pride ourselves on delivering the best possible reinsurance solutions for our clients.
You will be a key member of our regional pricing team, expected to contribute substantially to the development of our pricing team and the growth of PartnerRe’s Life reinsurance business. Our regional team’s markets are UK, Ireland, Northern, Central and Eastern Europe, Israel and South Africa. We write group and individual protection business, both in short and in long-term lines.
This is a technical client facing role. You will be responsible for leading actuarial pricing exercises and supporting the deal underwriter in preparing responses to tenders. This mainly involves carrying out actuarial analysis and providing technical expertise to support PartnerRe’s business decisions via:
- Detailed pricing of proportional and non-proportional reinsurance solutions, including mortality/morbidity experience analysis, developing assumptions, modelling of cash flows and providing an opinion on profitability.
- Out-of-the-box thinking to come up with innovative pricing approaches and solutions
- Documentation of the pricing exercise (pricing and checking reports) as well as supporting the underwriters in sign-off presentations, offer letters to clients, etc.
- Checking of pricing done by other team members
- Ensuring all pricing is carried out in accordance with company underwriting processes and pricing guidelines
- Research, development, maintenance and improvements to pricing methodologies and tools
- Follow-up and analysis of the in-force portfolio in coordination with In-force Management and Valuation teams
- Representing PartnerRe in client meetings and industry conferences
- Training of more junior team members
The position is based in PartnerRe’s Zurich office. Occasional travel is expected.
You are a technically excellent individual with an ability to demonstrate commercial sense. Creativity, curiosity and pragmatism are desirable attitudes.
The ideal candidate is a good team player capable of working in an international and culturally diverse environment, someone who enjoys a high degree of autonomy, yet is always ready to serve the team and meet the business needs.
You are bringing along the following experience/profile:
- Qualified Life Actuary (FIA or equivalent), typically with 5+ years of post-qualification pricing experience in Life insurance or reinsurance
- Reinsurance experience is a big advantage
- Good understanding of key industry issues and trends
- Proven analytical skills and joy working on complex projects
- Ability to manage time and multiple priorities effectively
- Self-motivation, ability to work under pressure when needed
- Efficient working with multiple IT tools/platforms, such as Excel and R
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to put across effectively complex technical issues and solutions to non-actuaries
- Ability to lead work and give/receive constructive feedback and coach others with a view to improving their/own performance
- Fluent in English, and preferably proficient in another language
What can we offer you
An international environment, where you will be challenged, can learn from other senior specialists and are exposed to multiple lines of our business in a wide range of countries. Our structure fosters empowerment and collaboration with various stakeholders. In our small market team, your impact really makes a difference.
Your browser seems to have cookies disabled. Please enable cookies in your browser settings.
Frau Sonja Di Pizzo