DSM – Bright Science. Brighter Living.™
Royal DSM is a global science-based company active in health, nutrition and materials. By connecting its unique competences in life sciences and materials sciences DSM is driving economic prosperity, environmental progress and social advances to create sustainable value for all stakeholders simultaneously. DSM delivers innovative solutions that nourish, protect and improve performance in global markets such as food and dietary supplements, personal care, feed, medical devices, automotive, paints, electrical and electronics, life protection, alternative energy and bio-based materials. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 25,000 employees. The company is listed on Euronext Amsterdam. More information can be found at www.dsm.com.
Process Control Engineer (m/f)
Are you an engineer with professional experience in process automation or process control projects and interested in a new challenge?
Within the corporate large capital projects group at DSM Nutritional Products in Kaiseraugst we are looking for a process control engineer who is going to execute equipment automation projects covering several locations of DSM. In this role, you will be involved in planning, budgeting and implementing automated processes, assessing technical feasibility and estimating costs. You will be elaborating plans considering the technical requirements provided by process engineers, specifications from operating staff, and applying DSM’s SHE (safety, health and environment) standards. You are a team player with sound stakeholder management skills and ability to communicate fluently in English and German.
The position is located at DSM in Kaiseraugst, starting as soon as possible.
- Understand P&ID (Process & Instrumentation Diagrams) plans and industry specifications
- Provide cost estimations for Feasibility, Conceptual, Basic and Detailed Engineering phases of projects
- Design automation, instrumentation and electrical concepts
- In this position, you will develop yourself to become the automation expert of the Production Facilities. In this context you will be responsible for the design and implementation of the automation philosophy in applications to support the work processes
- At least a bachelor’s Degree in engineering with proven experience (ideally over 5 years) in process control or process automation or related
- In depth knowledge in electrical, instrumentation, control systems and communication networks
- In depth knowledge in automation concepts, especially S88 and S95
- SHE awareness: showing active positive safety behavior
- Experience in the Chemical or Food industry
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written) in English and German
- An independent and creative work attitude, with the ability to work in and lead multi-disciplinary teams
- Some flexibility for travel required
Working for DSM means the opportunity to really contribute to improve people’s lives and solving the challenges of today’s world. Challenging jobs, career opportunities and an inspiring environment allow you to enhance your personal development. DSM recognizes that the on-going success of the company depends on the continued development and engagement of our employees and pursues a fair and competitive remuneration policy, recognizing individual and team competencies and performance.
Procedure & Contact
Interested in this position? Please apply on-line by sending us your CV, Motivation letter and a copy of your diplomas and certificates in English or German via the career portal (www.dsm.com/careers), job ID 19163. For additional questions, please feel free to contact Rob Everink, Tel. +41 61 815 8559 or +41 79 526 8961 or Fabian Graf (email@example.com).
Reference check procedures are part of the DSM Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be contacted when these references checks are required.
DSM Nutritional Products AG
Herr Fabian Graf
Recruitment Business Partner