DSM – Bright Science. Brighter Living.™
Royal DSM is a global science-based company active in health, nutrition and materials. By connecting its unique competences in life sciences and materials sciences DSM is driving economic prosperity, environmental progress and social advances to create sustainable value for all stakeholders simultaneously. DSM delivers innovative solutions that nourish, protect and improve performance in global markets such as food and dietary supplements, personal care, feed, medical devices, automotive, paints, electrical and electronics, life protection, alternative energy and bio-based materials. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 25,000 employees. The company is listed on Euronext Amsterdam. More information can be found at www.dsm.com.
Scientist / Senior Scientist Nutritional Ingredient Formulation (f/m)
Do you want to be part of an industry with huge growth perspectives? Are you interested in a position where you must connect with different disciplines? Are you ready for the next challenge?
As Scientist / Senior Scientist within our Formulation and Application Center for Animal Nutrition and Health (ANH) and Human Nutrition and Health (HNH) business unit in Kaiseraugst, you will focus on product form development of carotenoids and other health ingredients with a team in a modern and creative environment. You will be part of our R&D organization within a department dedicated in developing product forms and formulation technologies and will work specifically in the field of carotenoids for animal and human nutrition and health products. In this position, you will work in multidisciplinary project teams offering the great opportunity to deepen your expertise in designing product forms and formulation processes, analytical procedures, animal and human nutrition, and in the nutrition industry in general.
You will find here a highly professional and motivated team and a challenging environment. The vacancy is available as per agreement. We are looking for somebody to start from June 1st 2018 or as per agreement with a duration of 24 months (temporary DSM contract).
- Further development of existing and implementation of new formulation technologies
- Coordination and organization of laboratory, and miniplant trials in alignment with peers and line-manager for preparation of prototypes via diverse formulation techniques and analytical characterisation
- Support launch of new product forms and implementation of technology at production site by providing appropriate technical data
- Evaluation of novel raw materials in formulation of fat soluble actives
- Ensure availability of state-of-the-art information on formulation technologies
- Comprehensive reporting and documentation of results and experiments including presentations
- Building up and maintaining network with internal and external expert centers, institutes, and universities
- University degree (master) in process engineering, chemical engineering, chemistry or similar, preferably with a completed doctorate, ideally from a Technical University, or with a profound relevant industrial experience
- Fluent in written and spoken English. German and any other languages are an asset
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office software, experienced in laboratory software, and willingness to work in a computerised environment
- Expertise with dispersing, emulsification & drying technologies
- Experience in formulation and analytical characterisation of product forms (food / feed / pharma) containing hydrocolloids is optional
- Strong team player with good communication skills in matrix R&D organisation
- Highly motivated, independent, open-minded, solution oriented, and well-organized personality with ability to operate in a multinational environment
working for DSM means the opportunity to really contribute to improve people’s lives and solving the challenges of today’s world. Challenging jobs, career opportunities and an inspiring environment allow you to enhance your personal development. DSM recognizes that the on-going success of the company depends on the continued development and engagement of our employees and pursues a fair and competitive remuneration policy, recognizing individual and team competencies and performance.
Procedure & Contact
Interested in this position?
Apply online by sending us your cv & motivation letter, reference letters and diplomas in English via our career portal www.dsm.com/careers - We unfortunately cannot accept email or postal applications.
For additional questions, please contact Sanel Hrapic, Recruitment Business Partner, email@example.com - Requisition-ID: 22083.
Reference check procedures are part of the DSM Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be contacted when these references checks are required.
At DSM our purpose is to create brighter lives for people today and generations to come. We connect our unique competences in Life Sciences and Materials Sciences to create solutions that nourish, protect and improve performance.
Royal DSM is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
DSM Nutritional Products AG
Mr. Sanel Hrapic
Recruitment Business Partner