The International School Rheinfelden, a young, small, vibrant school in the North West region of Switzerland, is an English-German bilingual, international, full-day school for children from the age of 2 years onwards, with part-time options for preschool children. The pedagogical concept up to and including grade 6 of the Primary School, is based on the worldwide recognised International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme. It is part of the Basler Bildungsgruppe a group of renowned private Schools in German speaking Switzerland.
To complete our team by August 1st we are looking for two new staff members:
Grade one and Preschool teacher (2 Positions, overall 150 to 180%)
We seek to employ 2 qualified and highly motivated English or German mothertongue teachers to join our team of enthusiastic and motivated teaching staff. It would be beneficial if you have had previous teaching experience working in the 4 to 8 year age range, be flexible in your approach to teaching in mixed ability bilingual settings and willing to contribute to the wider life of the school.
The school prefers people with the following qualifications and experiences:
- Qualified teacher status appropriate to the teaching duties to be undertaken
- Experience of the IB Primary Years Programme
You should have knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively in English
- A high level of understanding of current research as to how children learn
- Ability to inspire mixed culture and ability classes
- Ability to support student needs in learning and social development
- Ability to manage a diverse and demanding workload
Your responsibilities will be:
- To implement PYP policy and strategic plans and liaise with the PYP Coordinator
- To participate in the design, development, implementation and review of the PYP curriculum as well as assessment and reporting systems
- To promote the health and safety of the children
- To encourage team spirit and develop links with colleagues across the school
- To contribute to the extra-curricular activities programme of the school
- To contribute to the development of a positive attitude between school and the wider community
Interested? We are looking forward to receiving your application documents (cv, covering letter, diplomas, references) by email.
Basler Bildungsgruppe AG
Frau Sabina Sümegi-Schärli
+41 61 831 06 06