Application Technician Food and Nutrition Improvement Program (m/f)
Are you challenged by developing food prototypes? Do you want to be part of an industry with huge growth perspectives? Are you ready for the next challenge? As an “Application Technician – Food and NIP (Nutrition Improvement Program)" within our Business Unit Human Nutrition & Health (HNH) in Kaiseraugst, your main responsibility is to support regional food & beverage application projects. You will find here a highly professional and motivated team and a challenging environment.
- Support regional food & beverage application projects by performing a variety of application tasks as required by Marketing and Sales for the HNH food industry segments such as beverages, dairy, infant food, fats and oils, confectionery and cereals.
- Develop food prototypes with DNP nutritional ingredients, concepts, blends and perform stability studies (taking pictures, measuring color, sample shipment etc.), contribute to creation of brochures/marketing material.
- Conduct lab tests for feasibility studies, for competitive product form evaluation and for customer trouble shooting (interaction of ingredients, food processing).
- Execute laboratory tests on small/lab scale equipment e.g. miniature-scale HTST/UHT process system, high pressure homogenizer, Stephan mixer, etc.
- Execute analytical methods such as color measurement, particle size distribution, viscosity, oxygen, etc.
- Support analytical customer requests including logistics of samples and result management
- Record and report results and specific observations to Application Manager
- Manage produced prototypes and samples
- Manage the inventory of raw materials and equipment used in the workplace and ensuring its maintenance and documentation.
- Support hands-on training of internal and external customers in handling of DNP ingredients.
- Apprenticeship in food technology or comparable or Laboratory Technician (bakery, pastry chef, chef)
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in lab work, preferably in food application / product development
- Fluent in english and german written and oral
- MS Office Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong time-management and self-organizational skills
- Flexibility depending on seasonal variations of work
- Willingness to learn and expand knowledge
- Flair for quality, application and sensory
- Hands on and can-do attitude
- Able to work in a multicultural and interdisciplinary team
- Independent and proactive way of working
Working for DSM means the opportunity to really contribute to improve people’s lives and solving the challenges of today’s world. Challenging jobs, career opportunities and an inspiring environment allow you to enhance your personal development. DSM recognizes that the on-going success of the company depends on the continued development and engagement of our employees and pursues a fair and competitive remuneration policy, recognizing individual and team competencies and performance.
Procedure & Contact
Interested in this position? Please apply online. For additional questions, please contact Maryline Muhe (email@example.com), Recruitment Business Partner.
Reference check procedures are part of the DSM Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be contacted when these references checks are required.
DSM Nutritional Products AG
Frau Maryline Muhe