DSM – Bright Science. Brighter Living.™
Royal DSM is a global science-based company active in health, nutrition and materials. By connecting its unique competences in life sciences and materials sciences DSM is driving economic prosperity, environmental progress and social advances to create sustainable value for all stakeholders simultaneously. DSM delivers innovative solutions that nourish, protect and improve performance in global markets such as food and dietary supplements, personal care, feed, medical devices, automotive, paints, electrical and electronics, life protection, alternative energy and bio-based materials. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 25,000 employees. The company is listed on Euronext Amsterdam.
More information can be found at www.dsm.com .
As Legal Counsel you support the business strategy and business operations by giving pro-active, result-oriented, and creative legal support and advice while acting as a trusted and value adding business partner. In a highly dynamic and regulated life science environment, topics like AI, Digitization and E-Business bring new legal risks and exposures which demand a new and constant focus by our law department on all new developments and opportunities and the application thereof by DSM. The role is positioned in our DSM Nutritional Products Headquarters in Kaiseraugst, Switzerland.
- Support managing the legal risks connected with the business strategy and operations and draft, negotiate, advise on contracts and related legal documents
- Ensure compliance of business operations with relevant laws and regulations and keep up to date with actual developments in legislation, regulations, and jurisprudence
- Perform legal audits at group companies and liaise with the legal departments in the regions and at corporate level
- Manage corporate matters of the Swiss companies, as well as manage and report claims and litigations
- Actively support the implementation of DSM values, code of business conduct and corporate requirements
- Legal degree on Master’s level and admission to the bar in an European jurisdiction, preferably the Swiss bar
- A minimum of 3 years of professional work experience in a relevant field of law
- Practical experience in the negotiating and drafting of contracts
- Good organizational abilities, priority setting, time management and flexibility
- Excellent command of English, German is an advantage
Working for DSM means the opportunity to really contribute to improve people’s lives and solving the challenges of today’s world. Challenging jobs, career opportunities and an inspiring environment allow you to enhance your personal development. DSM recognizes that the on-going success of the company depends on the continued development and engagement of our employees and pursues a fair and competitive remuneration policy, recognizing individual and team competencies and performance.
Procedure & Contact
Interested in this position? Please apply on-line by sending us your CV & Motivation letter in English via the career portal www.dsm.com/corporate/careers.html.
Reference check procedures are part of the DSM Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be contacted when these references checks are required.
Royal DSM is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
DSM Nutritional Products AG
Herr Martin Lauber
Talent Acquisition Lead EMEA
+41 61 815 79 97