DSM – Bright Science. Brighter Living.™ Royal DSM is a global science-based company active in health, nutrition and materials. By connecting its unique competences in life sciences and materials sciences DSM is driving economic prosperity, environmental progress and social advances to create sustainable value for all stakeholders simultaneously. DSM delivers innovative solutions that nourish, protect and improve performance in global markets such as food and dietary supplements, personal care, feed, medical devices, automotive, paints, electrical and electronics, life protection, alternative energy and bio-based materials. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 25,000 employees. The company is listed on Euronext Amsterdam. More information can be found at www.dsm.com.
Piloting Scientist - Upscaling & Prototyping (f/m)
Do you want to be part of an industry with huge growth perspectives? Are you interested in a position where you must connect with different disciplines? Are you ready for the next challenge?
As Piloting Scientist within our Formulation and Application Center for Animal Nutrition and Health (ANH) and Human Nutrition and Health (HNH) business units, you will focus on upscaling and prototyping of product forms of vitamins and other health ingredients in an open, interdisciplinary and creative environment in Sisseln. You will be part of our R&D organization in a department dedicated to developing product forms and formulation technologies and will work specifically in the field of nutritional solutions for animal and human nutrition and health products. In this position, you will work in multidisciplinary project teams offering the great opportunity to deepen your expertise in designing product forms and formulation processes, analytical procedures, animal and human nutrition, and in the nutrition industry in general.
You will find here a highly professional and motivated team and a challenging environment. The vacancy is available as per agreement with a duration of 24 months (temporary DSM contract).
- Coordination and realization of pilot plant trials in alignment with peers and line-manager for preparation of prototypes via diverse formulation techniques and analytical characterisation.
- Ensure SHE compliance of scale-up work
- Support implementation of new product form processes in worldwide production sites
- Development of new and optimization of existing formulation technologies
- Evaluation of novel formulation principles/technologies
- Ensure availability of state-of-the-art information on formulation technologies
- Comprehensive reporting and documentation of results and experiments including presentations.
- Support in realizing investment projects within the pilot plant
- Building up and maintaining network with internal and external expert centers, institutes, and universities
- Master degree in food, chemical or process engineering, food technology or similar; optional PhD
- Knowledge and experience in formulation process technologies (e.g. emulsification, granulation, spray drying) as well as hygiene standards and GMP is an asset
- Fluent language skills in German and English (written and spoken)
- Demonstrated ability to employ innovative approaches for solving complex technological problems
- Team player with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated, independent, open-minded, solution-oriented, with ability to operate in a multinational environment
Procedure & Contact
Interested in this position?
Apply online by sending us your cv & motivation letter, reference letters and diplomas in English via our career portal www.dsm.com/careers - We unfortunately cannot accept email or postal applications.
For additional questions, please contact Sanel Hrapic, Recruitment Business Partner, email@example.com - Requisition-ID: 22383.
Reference check procedures are part of the DSM Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be contacted when these references checks are required.
At DSM our purpose is to create brighter lives for people today and generations to come. We connect our unique competences in Life Sciences and Materials Sciences to create solutions that nourish, protect and improve performance.
Royal DSM is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
DSM Nutritional Products Branch Site Sisseln
Mr. Sanel Hrapic
Recruitment Business Partner