We believe it’s urgent to deliver medical solutions right now – even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives. We are courageous in both decision and action. And we believe that good business means a better world.
That is why we come to work each day. We commit ourselves to scientific rigour, unassailable ethics, and access to medical innovations for all. We do this today to build a better tomorrow.
We are proud of who we are, what we do, and how we do it. We are many, working as one across functions, across companies, and across the world.
We are Roche.
Senior Specialist Network Support
The Data Network Team is responsible for the deployment of data network infrastructure supporting Roche affiliates in the Region EMEA and the datacenters in Basel. Based on engineered standards, the team ensures that new solutions are deployed in a timely fashion to ensure service levels and customer expectations are met. As Senior Specialist Data Network Support you will consult our customers to provide the required solutions to fulfill their needs. You will be responsible for the deployment of network infrastructure in Roche affiliates in Region Europe and EEMEA.
- Acts as a liaison to our customers within Global Infrastructure Services and Business
- Develop data network solutions based on our engineering standards
- Design and configuration of datacenter networks
- Consult and coordination with Roche affiliates for network specific requests and changes
- Regular coordination with vendors and third party suppliers for implementations and changes of external services
- Collaborates with internal parties as well as external providers for projects, escalations and resolutions of problems
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent work experience with 5+ year of experience in supporting and implementing complex data networks (LAN, WAN, WLAN, WAN Accelerator)
- Ability to work closely within small and virtual teams
- Excellent communication skills and experience with managing and working with external vendors and service providers (telecom carriers).
- Experience in supporting global wide area networks and remote local area networks in multiple locations.
- Experience and competence in design and configuration of datacenter networks.
- Working knowledge of security devices such as firewalls, proxies and VPNs in addition to a strong understanding of authentication and data encryption.
- Expert knowledge of the TCP/IP protocol suite
- Strong knowledge in routing theory and protocols especially with BGP and OSPF
- Knowledge of ITIL as a model for Operations support.
- Provide on-call 3rd level support
- Flexible working hours and occasional overtime; participate in on-call duty
- Fluent English language skills, additional language skills in German are an asset
At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.