DSM – Bright Science. Brighter Living.™
Royal DSM is a global science-based company active in health, nutrition and materials. By connecting its unique competences in life sciences and materials sciences DSM is driving economic prosperity, environmental progress and social advances to create sustainable value for all stakeholders simultaneously. DSM delivers innovative solutions that nourish, protect and improve performance in global markets such as food and dietary supplements, personal care, feed, medical devices, automotive, paints, electrical and electronics, life protection, alternative energy and bio-based materials. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 25,000 employees. The company is listed on Euronext Amsterdam. More information can be found at www.dsm.com .
Project Control Manager Large Capital Projects (m/f)
Are you an organized and structured expert in controlling large capital projects in an international environment?
The Large Capital Projects (LCP) department is the in-house Engineering organization of DSM Nutritional Products, responsible for planning and managing implementation of large capital investments in our production facilities in the Rhine valley and other locations.
In this role, you will work closely with project managers and principal engineers in controlling project costs, scheduling and progress during early and executing phases. You are a team player with sound stakeholder management skills and ability to communicate fluently in English and with a good command of German. The position is located at DSM Kaiseraugst, near Basel, Switzerland, starting as soon as possible.
- Develop and control project cost estimation, project scheduling, budget, progress, financial control and risk mitigation of DSM’s capital projects in both early and execution phases
- Work closely with and support LCP Project Managers by implementing project reporting and tracking
- Develop work break down structures and execute effective cost- and progress controls, implementing adequate reporting structures, including scope change control
- Being responsible for control management of several large projects in parallel
- Master or bachelor degree in a technical science added with education in business administration and/or business management
- Certified Cost Professional or Technician
- Good knowledge and experience with early phase estimating, project control techniques, project risk assessment, benchmarking, project control tools, -practices and principles
- Good knowledge of financial control, financial reporting and administration systems (e.g. SAP)
- Good knowledge of Value Improving Practices
- Basic understanding of relevant production processes (food, fine chemicals, pharmaceuticals)
- Fluent communication (both verbal and written) in English mandatory and effective communication skills in German
- Experience in working in an international matrix organization with different cultural backgrounds
Working for DSM means the opportunity to really contribute to improve people’s lives and solving the challenges of today’s world. Challenging jobs, career opportunities and an inspiring environment allow you to enhance your personal development. DSM recognizes that the on-going success of the company depends on the continued development and engagement of our employees and pursues a fair and competitive remuneration policy, recognizing individual and team competencies and performance.
Procedure & Contact
Interested in this position? Please apply on-line by sending us your CV, Motivation letter and a copy of your diplomas and certificates in English or German via the career portal (www.dsm.com/careers), job ID 23546. For additional questions, please feel free to contact Fabian Graf – Recruitment Business Partner (email@example.com).
Reference check procedures are part of the DSM Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be contacted when these references checks are required.
Royal DSM is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
DSM Nutritional Products AG
Herr Fabian Graf
Recruitment Business Partner