The Swiss Federal Institute of Intellectual Property (IPI) is the federal government's central point of contact for patents, trade marks, indications of source, design protection and copyright. We help innovators and creators to create value out of their ideas, thus promoting innovation, competitiveness, cultural diversity and social progress. We also offer worldwide patent and trade mark searches under the label ip-search.
Specialist for Information and Communications Technology (ICT) (m/f)
We provide services in the field of intellectual property to our diverse customer base consisting of patent attorneys, industrial enterprises, individual inventors as well as education establishments and research institutions.
To support our team within the discipline of ICT, we are seeking to recruit immediately or by agreement an
Your main tasks
Applying your profound scientific and technical knowledge in ICT and, following an induction period, using your patent expertise to provide services concerning intellectual property to our customers at home and abroad. This includes, in particular:
- Independently carrying out patent and technology searches, mostly freedom to operate searches and validity searches
- Preparing patent analyses
- Examining patent applications
- Providing information on intellectual property
- A scientific/technical degree, preferably in communications engineering, computer engineering or electrical engineering, with a focus on information technology and network technology.
- Several years of professional experience as well as broad and specialist know-how.
- An excellent command of English as well as a very good command of German or French (with a good command of the other language), other languages an advantage.
- A knowledge of marketing and sales an advantage.
- An independent, reliable, precise and pragmatic method of working.
- Accustomed to successfully prioritising many tasks and working on them in parallel.
- Flexible and decisive.
You will have the opportunity to increase your knowledge and perfect your skills in the fields of technology and patent searches in a technically diverse and challenging environment, to broaden your specialist knowledge with regard to professional search engines and databases, and – after having completed the necessary training – to actively participate in examining national patent applications.
Please send your application (cover letter, CV, letters of reference, etc.) to the following address:
Swiss Federal Institute of Intellectual Property, Mr Matthias Schmid, Deputy Human Resources Manager, Stauffacherstrasse 65/59g, CH-3003 Bern, direct line +41 31 377 75 73, email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find further information about the tasks of the IPI and our attractive employment conditions at www.ipi.ch
We are looking forward to meeting you.