DSM – Bright Science. Brighter Living.™
Royal DSM is a global science-based company active in health, nutrition and materials. By connecting its unique competences in life sciences and materials sciences DSM is driving economic prosperity, environmental progress and social advances to create sustainable value for all stakeholders simultaneously. DSM delivers innovative solutions that nourish, protect and improve performance in global markets such as food and dietary supplements, personal care, feed, medical devices, automotive, paints, electrical and electronics, life protection, alternative energy and bio-based materials. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 25,000 employees. The company is listed on Euronext Amsterdam. More information can be found at www.dsm.com.
Scientist Product Formulation (m/f)
Have you got a PhD in food sciences or soft material science and are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact within formulation and analytical characterization of product forms at a global player in the industry?
As Scientist (f/m) within our Formulation and Application Center for Animal Nutrition and Health (ANH) and Human Nutrition and Health (HNH) business units in Kaiseraugst, you will focus on product form development within a team in a modern and creative environment. Being part of our R&D organization in a department dedicated to developing product forms and formulation technologies and will work specifically in the field of Vitamins & Vitamers for animal and human nutrition and health products. In this position, you will work in multidisciplinary project teams offering the great opportunity to deepen your expertise in designing product forms and formulation processes, analytical procedures, animal and human nutrition products, and in the nutrition industry in general. Starting date as soon as possible, This is a temporary contract for 24 months.
- Coordination and organization of laboratory trials in alignment with peers and line-manager for preparation of prototypes via diverse formulation techniques and analytical characterization
- Evaluation of novel formulation principles/technologies
- Ensure availability of state-of-the-art information on formulation technologies
- Comprehensive reporting and documentation of results and experiments including presentations
- Evaluation and characterization of novel raw materials (functionalities and properties) in formulation of fat-soluble and water-soluble actives
- Building up and maintaining network with internal and external expert centers, institutes, and universities
- Further development of existing and implementation of new formulation technologies
- Support launch of new product forms and implementation of technology at production site by providing appropriate technical data
- PhD degree in food technology, food chemistry, chemical engineering, soft material science or similar
- Expertise in working with emulsification processes and drying equipment is ideal
- Experience in formulation and analytical characterization of product forms (food / feed / pharma) is ideal
- Experience in material physical-chemical and morphological characterization techniques is ideal
- Fluent in written and spoken English. German and any other languages are an asset
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word. Power Point)
- Strong team player with good communication skills
- Highly motivated, independent, open-minded, solution oriented, with ability to operate in a multinational environment
Working for DSM provides the opportunity to contribute to improving people’s lives and to solving the tasks of today’s world. Challenging jobs, career opportunities and an inspiring environment allow you to enhance your personal development. DSM recognizes that the on-going success of the company depends on the continued development and engagement of our employees and pursues a fair and competitive remuneration policy, recognizing individual and team competencies and performance.
Procedure & Contact
Interested in this position? Please apply on-line by sending us your CV & motivation letter via the career portal (www.dsm.com/careers), please click on the menu “vacancies” and enter the job ID 22070. For additional questions, please contact Fabian Graf (email@example.com).
Royal DSM is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
DSM Nutritional Products AG
Herr Fabian Graf
Recruitment Business Partner