We believe it’s urgent to deliver medical solutions right now – even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives. We are courageous in both decision and action. And we believe that good business means a better world.
That is why we come to work each day. We commit ourselves to scientific rigour, unassailable ethics, and access to medical innovations for all. We do this today to build a better tomorrow.
We are proud of who we are, what we do, and how we do it. We are many, working as one across functions, across companies, and across the world.
We are Roche.
Business Solution Manager Sample Management
The Pharma Informatics Clinical Operations team is looking for a Senior Business Solution Manager who joins a diverse team of talented, creative Business Analysts, Project/Service Managers and Solution Architects, who help our customers (Bio Repository Management, Clinical Operations) to reliably bring products to our patients. We add value to our business by helping to identify the right IT technology as well as building and managing IT solutions in close partnership with numerous IT stakeholders.
The Clinical Operations team in Pharma Development IT focuses on analyzing needs, designing solutions and delivering technology to the global biosample repository management and clinical operations groups. With clinical trials and related human samples being in the center of research and development, the Business Solution Manager can make a significant difference to the outcome of Roche’s studies and research initiatives.
As Business Solution Manager you will provide thought leadership and process expertise with the focus on the biosample management domain and ensure appropriate delivery, during projects, and long term.
Throughout projects and initiatives, you will be responsible for the IT strategy of biosample management at Roche Pharma, envisioning how their IT solutions will look like in the future, working with architects to establish technology visions, and with business leaders to understand and contribute to their long term goals. You will be accountable to change and adapt the long term project roadmap and strategy as need arises, anticipating future business change and building in flexibility in an ever changing environment
In this role, you will be:
- Acting as an interface between business and IT functions, being the initial contact point for business for project ideas and proposals driving the portfolio management process which includes establishing and maintaining the business cases as well as developing high level solution options as well as resource and budget estimates
- Translating business strategy into IT language in an Informatics context working with Pharma Informatics architects to establish an IT strategy and roadmap which delivers value to the business
- Leading process definition and harmonization activities across the organization, propagating common information models, and standardization in applications and technologies that are in line with cross-functional or functional Informatics strategies and architectures
- Evaluating the feasibility of potential solutions in collaboration with associated departments assessing available technology on the market and driving the identification of the most appropriate solution for Roche through formal RFI/RFP/RFQ processes
- Overseeing delivery teams to ensure that the final solution meets customer’s need and is delivered within planned budget and timeline
- At the very core of what we deliver - being part of project leadership, connecting project managers, business sponsors, analysts, delivery teams and IT management.
For this position, you bring the following qualification:
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills, being able to abstract from day-to-day issues to big pictures, with proven senior experience in driving business analysis and IT solution design efforts for big pharma having implemented global pharma informatics solutions
- Broad and deep applied understanding and application of tools, principles, concepts, and techniques related to process design, requirements extraction, information architecture, data and usability analysis
- Strong facilitation and communication skills, knowing how to keep people engaged in meetings and workshops while extracting outcome from culturally and internationally diverse groups
- Ability to articulate complex concepts, sell them to senior stakeholders and gain buy-in for them, experience in influencing as well as leading and driving alignment and harmonization efforts
- Be an opinion leader and influencer, understanding the values behind a need, and pushing that value within the organization to achieve the things your business needs most
- Distinguished leadership experience over the design and delivery of informatics solutions, preferably in the pharma research and development space.
- A Master’s degree in computer sciences or, science or an equivalent degree is required
- Strong oral and written communication skills (English) and flexibility to travel (approximately 20%)
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.