Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
- Responsible for design, development and testing of package components & packaging systems to ensure regulatory compliance for transportation and product registration
- Provide maintenance and troubleshooting support to adjacent supply chain functions (procurement, manufacturing, quality, etc.), as well as, to end-users to ensure a safe user friendly customer experience
- Identify and implement innovative and sustainable packaging solutions that maximize our competitive advantage and build brand preference
- Provide active independent support to New Product Introduction (NPI) teams ensuring all packaging related milestones are completed on time
- Ensure all packaging testing and qualification projects meet a high level of scientific integrity
- In depth knowledge and expertise of package technologies, materials and testing related to the development of new packaging components
- Capable of leading and/or supervising packaging projects related to maintenance and/or troubleshooting support to adjacent supply chain functions (procurement, manufacturing, etc...), as well as, to end-users in the marketplace
- In depth knowledge and understanding of our industry and regulations impacting Syngenta products and capable to identify and deliver new opportunities to overcome related challenges
- Can independently identify and deliver of cost savings and efficiency opportunities
- Can work independently with all functions (i.e. procurement, commercial, manufacturing, regulatory, logistics, quality, etc.) to deliver goals on key projects or initiatives
- Will mentor, train and/or assist new engineers on projects, policies and processes
- Capability of identifying and delivering new technologies and innovation
Knowledge, experience & capabilities
- Minimum of 10+ years packaging engineering experience
- Has a network of contacts, beyond own team, to develop jobholder's technical expertise which can be internal (commercial, regulatory, manufacturing, etc.) or external (suppliers, academia and other companies)
- Has demonstrated passion and energy for their projects and the ability to innovate, identify gaps, seek solutions and constructively challenge current working practices.
- Able to use personal judgement to confidently make timely decisions with the available data and make recommendations on the next steps, as necessary judging whether further expert inputs are required.
- Is able to communicate technical facts, ideas and opinions to a general, technical audience in an assertive way and influence others using rational persuasion.
- Excellent English speaking skills
What we offer:
Primary Location: CHE-Muenchwilen