Software Engineer, Embedded (m/w)
With ambitious ideas we want to continue growing worldwide and pool our local expertise in global teams. Therefore teamwork and flexibility are important for the implementation of our transnational projects. GF Piping Systems is looking for employees with whom we can achieve our enterprising goals.
As the Software Engineer for the new GF Piping Systems Digital Line, you will be instrumental in building a host of user-centered software solutions which support the entire Digital Line range. We are looking for a motivated Software Engineer, Embedded (m/w).
- Work in a user-centered, collaborative manner to develop desirable and secure solutions for our digital product lines
- Develop the specifications and designs for, as well as implement, software for real-time embedded systems
- Be the go-to person for your team, the wider Automation department and senior stakeholders in the organization on software development for our digital products
- Be instrumental in developing system architecture to frame software solutions
- Specify and develop libraries and frameworks for GF digital activities
- Support the UX and R&D with functional prototypes during research, pilot and development phases
- Be responsible for documentation, specification and quality audits (advice) with external partners
This position requires a candidate with a higher Degree or similar in an IT-related area as well as broad (more than 5 years) experience and proven track record in a comparable software development role. We are looking for a candidate with experience in C programming language, industrial protocols, e.g. ProfiNet, EtherNet/IP, OPC/UA and networked/connected IoT device experience, e.g. TCP/IP stack. You have experience in Requirements/System Engineering methods and concepts and the quality of your work is of the upmost importance to you. Electro-technical know-how (deep understanding of fieldbus protocols) as well as your knowledge or willingness to learn modern Web and/or Mobile technologies rounds of your profile.
Your English and German language skills must be on a high professional level, any additional language is a plus. This position offers you a truly versatile challenge in order to define our digital products and services and shape the digital future at GF Piping Systems.
We offer you attractive terms of employment in a successful, globally operating and well established company with sound perspectives.
We are looking forward to your Online Application, if you have any questions regarding this opportunity please contact Ms. Angelika Flöss, HR Manager +41 (0)52 631 37 83.