DSM – Bright Science. Brighter Living.™ Royal DSM is a global science-based company active in health, nutrition and materials. By connecting its unique competences in life sciences and materials sciences DSM is driving economic prosperity, environmental progress and social advances to create sustainable value for all stakeholders simultaneously. DSM delivers innovative solutions that nourish, protect and improve performance in global markets such as food and dietary supplements, personal care, feed, medical devices, automotive, paints, electrical and electronics, life protection, alternative energy and bio-based materials. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 25,000 employees. The company is listed on Euronext Amsterdam. More information can be found at www.dsm.com.
Formulation Lab Technician for Cosmetic Products (f/m)
Are you passionate about innovation? Do you want to contribute to the development of new transformational beauty care ingredients? Are you familiar with screening cosmetic ingredients and developing new test methods for cosmetic formulation?
Then join our Application & Development team within our Personal Care Research and Development department located in Kaiseraugst, Switzerland. Our Personal Care Business unit, established in 2009 in Kaiseraugst, currently plays an important role in the “active ingredients” market segment with a core portfolio in skin care, sun care and hair care. With foresight, imagination and a deeply rooted sense of beauty we connect and leverage our bright science in Skin, Sun and Hair Care to craft transformational beauty care ingredients and concepts that are loved for their superior performance, ultimate sensations and impeccable quality and reliability.
As Formulation Lab Technician for Cosmetic Products you will actively participate to the development of new ingredients and concepts for skin, sun and hair care applications. You will work with our highly skilled formulation and application teams to provide our customers with best-in-class solutions. You will find here a highly professional and motivated team and a challenging environment. The vacancy is available as per agreement - We are looking for somebody to start as soon as possible.
- Evaluation of new raw ingredients and research ingredients for their use in cosmetic products
- Screening of functional cosmetic ingredients; set-up, efficacy measurements for Skin, Sun protection and Hair applications, sensorial analysis
- Support in the development of new test methods for the evaluation of cosmetic formulations and cross-functional ingredients
- Development of formulations for all 3 segments as well as troubleshooting of formulating issues
- Preparation of results report and active contribution to propose conclusions and follow-up activities
- Organization of the laboratory to achieve efficient lab processes, management of material and maintenance of lab equipment and Safety Health and Environment (SHE)
- Degree as Lab Technician or a Bsc. in applied chemistry, cosmetology or related fields
- Minimum 2 years of experience in cosmetic formulation, very good knowledge and know-how in broad personal care applications
- Interest in laboratory experiments and great sense of technical creativity
- Fluent in English
- Team player, open-minded and communicative personality
- Well-organized, autonomous, determined way of working and solution-oriented
Working for DSM means the opportunity to really contribute to improve people’s lives and solving the challenges of today’s world. Challenging jobs, career opportunities and an inspiring environment allow you to enhance your personal development. DSM recognizes that the on-going success of the company depends on the continued development and engagement of our employees and pursues a fair and competitive remuneration policy, recognizing individual and team competencies and performance.
Procedure & Contact
Interested in this position? Apply online by sending us your cv & motivation letter, reference letters and diplomas in English via our career portal www.dsm.com/careers - We unfortunately cannot accept email or postal applications. For additional questions, please contact Sanel Hrapic, Recruitment Business Partner, email@example.com - Requisition-ID: 23642.
Reference check procedures are part of the DSM Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be contacted when these references checks are required.
At DSM our purpose is to create brighter lives for people today and generations to come. We connect our unique competences in Life Sciences and Materials Sciences to create solutions that nourish, protect and improve performance.
Royal DSM is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
DSM Nutritional Products AG
Mr. Sanel Hrapic
Recruitment Business Partner