GE Power provides a broad array of power generation, energy delivery, and water process technologies to solve your challenges locally. We work in several areas of the energy industry, including renewable resources such as wind and solar, biogas and alternative fuels, and coal, oil, natural gas, and nuclear energy. We also develop advanced technologies to help solve some of the world's most complex challenges related to water availability and quality.
GE is committed to taking on the world's toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world's brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles... people like you.
GT Operation & Commissioning Lead Training Instructor (f/m)
Role Summary:The PS Gas Turbine Operation & Commissioning Lead Training Instructor will be responsible for design, development, and delivery of operations and commissioning training for assigned gas turbine systems, including preparation of classroom / lab and simulations / support equipment.
Essential Responsibilities:The PS Product Training Delivery Team is chartered with delivery of state-of-the-art employee technical training courses providing safe, high quality, capable field service representatives for the PS business to apply across the energy cycle.Essential Responsibilities:
- Qualified to conduct training sessions using approved training materials, and is directly involved with making revisions to training materials
- Responsible for delivery of both entry level and advanced technical training courses on GE Gas turbine operations and commissioning equipment for Field Engineers (FE) and customer training candidates
- Interface with the Training Design & Development, GT Design and Product Engineering, New Product Introduction (NPI), Research & development Engineering group (R&D), Repair Technology Center of Excellence (RTCoE) teams to deliver current, cutting edge technology training to meet fulfillment needs
- Integrate Field Engineering e-tools, reporting, service notice and other business processes into the Steam turbine training programs
- Documentation & record keeping (leverage technical reference materials where appropriate in training session, update course material and conduct student performance evaluations)
- Train class attendees with state-of-the-art content in the safest, most efficient manor
- Own & drive course content improvement, delivering on specific session CTQ's
- Financial control of training expenses
- Leverage business subject matter experts as extended training team members
- Focus on safe, high Quality training with the ultimate deliverable being a high quality, capable, field PS Field Representative to apply to customer maintenance and/or installation needs
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or significant experience in professional work related to GasTurbine operation, installation and commissioning
- Strong working experience in GE (Legacy Alstom) Gas turbine controls, operation and protection systems experience, field service, field engineering or installation and commissioning of GE products
- Ability to speak, read, write and teach in English
- Global travel estimated at 60%
- Adult technical teaching course delivery or equivalent training experience
- Recent maintenance and repair experience on GE Gas turbines (Legacy Alstom) operation and protection equipment General understanding of Combined Cycle (CC) operation and interaction between GT and rest of plant
- Demonstrated ability to work within a matrix and global environment
- Flexible and willing to learn and teach new technologies
- Strong attention to detail, disciplined and organized
- GE EE Field Engineering Program (FEP) or Direct Hire (DH) Graduate or legacy Alstom TFA training program graduate
- Capacity to handle problems efficiently by being creative and providing fresh insight
- Subject matter expert on Gas turbine operations and commissioning
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple stakeholders and be a team player
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in additional languages, particularly with technical explanations
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools
GE is committed to taking on the world's toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world´s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles... people like you.