Journal Development Specialist - Editorial Office
We are seeking an enthusiastic and target-oriented professional for the full-time position of Journal Development Specialist in our Lausanne head office. This is an exciting and unique opportunity to manage a fast growing, Impact Factor (IF) portfolio. We currently have two specialist positions available in our Oncology & Surgery journals, as well as our Immunology journal. As such, we are looking for someone who is passionate about Health, has a strong academic background as well as publishing and / or industry experience.
Reporting to the Journal Manager and working closely with other editorial staff, the position focuses on the operational aspect of journal development. The successful candidate will have direct access to and regularly communicate with leading researchers around the world to ensure efficient journal content acquisition, editorial board management, and participate actively in devising editorial strategies. The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills which will enable them to liaise and develop relationships with very high-profile scholars, and be a collaborative team player, working closely with members of supporting teams.
The position will provide the successful candidate with an excellent opportunity to experience a career in scientific publishing with an innovative, technology-driven Open Access publisher.
- Support the Journal Manager in overseeing the activities of established journals and/or the launch of new journals
- Support building and managing high-profile, academic Editorial Boards
- Communicate with academic editors to ensure the timely and on-target execution of journal content acquisition targets
- Carry out existing editorial strategies and develop new journal initiatives by recognizing various growth and development opportunities
- Academic degree
- Related work experience in a commercial or academic environment
- Excellent communication in written and spoken English, including professional and courteous telephone manner and high attention to details
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Ability to work independently and make thoughtful decisions without constant supervision
- IT Proficiency with MS Office
- Ability to consistently meet tight deadlines and prioritize varied workload under pressure
- Flexibility and ability to work as a team member
Applicants must have an existing right to live and work in the EU.
Your application should include:
1. A cover letter and resume (as DOC or PDF)
2. The indication of your earliest availability
3. A 300 word summary on the following - "How do you see scientific journal publishing in ten years?”
Avenue Tribunal-Federal, 34 1005 Lausanne