Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
Team Leader Chemistry
Design, synthesis and route optimization of new target compounds as Crop Protection chemicals. Develop functional excellence (chemistry and HSE) and indication expertise.
Our chemistry department will give you the opportunity to develop new skills while working at the cutting edge of science and innovation. At Syngenta, our work matters; we are looking for the talents of today and tomorrow.
- Design, prioritization, synthesis and route optimization of new target compounds
- Conceive, plan, prioritize and efficiently execute synthesis programs
- Seek, retrieve and analyze critical information
- Organize and implement research programs to challenging timelines
- Maintain and develop state-of-the-art knowledge in chemistry and associated technologies
- Apply knowledge creatively to solve problems
- Foster a culture of creativity and innovation
- Lead, effectively supervise and train a team
- Motivate and stimulate the team to reach high commitment and engagement
- Ensure HSE (Health, safety and environment) compliance to Syngenta standards
- Communicate inspirationally and regularly on research activities
- Build networks within Research Chemistry and other functions
Qualifications Knowledge, experience & capabilities
Please provide a Research Summary of 2-5 pages. Any applications submitted without a Research Summary will not be subject to further evaluation.
- PhD in chemistry, with a strong focus on organic synthesis
- Post-doc is highly valued
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills
- Excellence in computer-assisted data management and/or advanced IT skills are highly desirable
- Experience in project/team management would be an asset
- Good knowledge of English language (written and spoken)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to thrive in multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to communicate with impact across boundaries
- Proven organizational skills
- Adaptable to changing environments in order to achieve excellence in delivery
What we offer:
Primary Location: CHE-Stein