DSM – Bright Science. Brighter Living.™
Royal DSM is a global science-based company active in health, nutrition and materials. By connecting its unique competences in life sciences and materials sciences DSM is driving economic prosperity, environmental progress and social advances to create sustainable value for all stakeholders simultaneously. DSM delivers innovative solutions that nourish, protect and improve performance in global markets such as food and dietary supplements, personal care, feed, medical devices, automotive, paints, electrical and electronics, life protection, alternative energy and bio-based materials. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 25,000 employees. The company is listed on Euronext Amsterdam. More information can be found at www.dsm.com.
Segment Marketing Lead Dietary Supplements EMEA (m/f)
Are you excited by new developments for the consumer market and do you want to be part of a team with exciting challenges, then this might be the opportunity you are looking for! We are looking for an entrepreneurial Segment Marketing Lead Dietary Supplements EMEA (m/f) to join our Human Nutrition & Health Marketing department within DSM Nutritional Products. The starting date is as soon as possible or by appointment and the position is based in Kaiseraugst, Switzerland.
Lead and Inspire the Segment with direct and indirect reports, develop and implement a multi-year strategic marketing plan for Dietary Supplements, from which annual plans will be developed, revised and refined to reflect market conditions. The strategy will include effective collaboration with regional sales and marketing teams, relevant cross-functional units (i.e. innovation, regulatory) and the global Segment team to drive growth by bringing new products/innovative solutions into the market.
This position will provide regional leadership for Dietary Supplements Segment, to identify and capitalize on growth opportunities in the Segment, resulting in an increase in DSM’s market share in the relevant market in EMEA, while also supporting retention of the current core business in this segment.
As part of the global Segment team, the Segment Marketing Lead will provide:
- Lead & Inspire the Dietary Supplements Segment team and provide guidance to EMEA sales team
- Continuous assessment of the regional macro and micro trends affecting the Segment market.
- Articulate Segment Priorities
- Hunt for projects
- Identify Innovation Opportunities for the segment
- Support with input the Global Strategic Marketing Plan
- Set and regularly review/adjust the Mid & Long term growth ambitions for the segment
- Identify Strategy Customers for the segment
- Give input in the segment-specific MarCom plans and activities for the region
- Identify critical resource needs (human and financial) to implement the activities for the segment in the region, with clarity on how those with drive growth.
You will report into the Marketing Director Human Nutrition and Health EMEA, based in Kaiseraugst, Switzerland.
- Bachelors/University degree in sciences, business or related field. Master’s degree being a plus
- 10+ years’ experience in sales and trade marketing. Preferred experience in nutritional product ingredients and segment market
- Creativity, passion and innovation for Nutrition markets and product applications
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and in a matrix organization
- Leadership experience,
- Strong communication, presentation and customer facing skills
- Fluent spoken and written English, other additional European languages being an asset
- Proficient computer and analytical skills
- Able and willing to travel regularly both domestically and internationally
Working for DSM means the opportunity to really contribute to improve people’s lives and solving the challenges of today’s world. Challenging jobs, career opportunities and an inspiring environment allow you to enhance your personal development. DSM recognizes that the on-going success of the company depends on the continued development and engagement of our employees and pursues a fair and competitive remuneration policy, recognizing individual and team competencies and performance.
Procedure & Contact
Interested in this position? Please apply on-line by sending us your CV & Motivation letter via the career portal (www.dsm.com/careers), please click on the menu vacancies and enter the job ID 22402. For additional questions, please contact Fabian Graf (email@example.com).
Reference check procedures are part of the DSM Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be contacted when these references checks are required.
Royal DSM is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
DSM Nutritional Products AG
Herr Fabian Graf
Recruitment Business Partner