Associate Director Cellomics & Proteomics
Join Tecan! Join the market leader! Work in an international and dynamic environment, share our success!
We care about people - Join the market leader
People every day all around the world will benefit from more personalized healthcare. The promise of better, faster, more cost efficient solutions is now within our grasp. And that's the world in which Tecan plays a vital role - helping advance healthcare - through advanced life science research and diagnostic solutions. We constantly seek new ways to steer innovation.
Every lab. Every day. Empowered.
Our vision is to empower every laboratory, every day, around the world with Tecan technology, products and support. We will help to shape the future of automated workflows in life sciences and clinical diagnostics through unrivaled expertise, products and customer support.
Associate Director Cellomics and Proteomics
What you will do
In this cross-functional leadership role you will direct all strategic and tactical initiatives covering the Cellomics & Proteomics activities within the Tecan Laboratory Automation end-customer business.
The owner of the role will drive the sales through marketing initiatives of the current/future products and application solutions, build a strong KOL network, identify new partnerships and business development opportunities (incl. OEM in of products) for joint solutions. You will act as scientific expert to the life science team.
The core areas to be covered from a scientific point of view are:
Responsibilities will include
- Cell biology (cell based assays, 2D &3D cell culture, single cell biology and cell therapy
- Biologics (Bioprocessing) and Biosimilars
- Proteomics (e.g. ELISA & protein purification and quantitation)
- Drug discovery workflows
What you bring along
- Be the go to person for the cell biology and proteomics solutions at Tecan both internally and externally
- Manage and develop new solutions within the application areas (e.g. protocols, application notes, products, OEM-in, lifecycle management)
- Develop and grow a network of KOLs, reference sites and business partners
- Analyze markets, trends, technologies, competing solutions
- Develop strategic and tactical market development plans (e.g. go to market, product roadmap)
- Support regional application teams with trainings, coaching and closing sales
- Support customer sales pitches
- Drive marketing activities (e.g. lead generation and nurturing, co-marketing)
- Act as scientific advisor to the Life Science Division and support M&A or licensing activities
- Manage a small team of application and product specialists
What you will get
- Mandatory a PhD degree in Cell Biology or Protein Sciences; preference given to Cell Biology
- MBA or similar commercial education
- Experience performing a similar role for a leading life science vendor with global responsibility (e.g. Business Development, Senior Application Manager)
- 5 years + working experience at a leading Pharma or Biotech company
- Sound scientific and commercial understanding
- Ability to explain complex scientific matters in simple terms for business discussion but also be at ease with details when interacting with customers/KOLs
- Managed successfully OEM-in project/products and partners in previous roles
- Strong analytical skills to perform analysis of the market, competitors, product positioning and prices
- Advanced project management skills with proven track record in leading teams and working in a matrix organization
- SAP and HubSpot knowledge
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office
- English is a must, German a plus, and any other language beneficial
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Progressive employment conditions
- Exciting career opportunities
- Wide range of training courses
- Extremely attractive location overlooking the lake of Zurich
- International and diverse environment (30+ different nationalities)
- Strong company culture with rich history
- Global mindset with "Swissness" at heart
Do you want to make a significant difference in how the world is looking tomorrow and contribute to the innovation of state-of-the-art, cutting-edge technology products?
Look no further and apply now!
We are looking forward to receiving your application online.
Applications from recruiters are welcome. Please register using this link: http://www.tecan.com/recruiters
Tecan Trading AG, Seestrasse 103, 8708 Männedorf, www.tecan.com
Tecan Schweiz AG
D: +41 44 922 8332