We believe it’s urgent to deliver medical solutions right now – even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives. We are courageous in both decision and action.
And we believe that good business means a better world.
That is why we come to work each day. We commit ourselves to scientific rigour, unassailable ethics, and access to medical innovations for all. We do this today to build a better tomorrow.
We are proud of who we are, what we do, and how we do it. We are many, working as one across functions, across companies, and across the world.
We are Roche.
Senior Software Engineer
At Roche, we believe every employee makes a difference. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives. We are fearless in both decision and action; we believe that good business means a better world.
Are you looking for a new, meaningful opportunity, to develop your skills as a Senior Software Engineer? Then this position as an Engineer, with a positive mindset might be the right one for you!
Roche launched its NAVIFY brand demonstrating its commitment to provide healthcare professionals with digital decision support solutions that transform patient care and therefore improve the life of patients. The existing portfolio will in the near future, evolve rapidly to include additional decision support applications and workflow products that address challenges faced by healthcare providers as well as research and development applications. Patient data security and privacy are of the highest priority for Roche.
In this context, Roche is building a very specialized team that builds and operates a cloud platform for its medical and clinical SaaS products. We develop this team to be responsible for tackling the cybersecurity, compliance, development and operations challenges of the healthcare industry while enabling high-velocity product development. You will be an integral member of this team providing good leadership for and hands-on implementation of platform components.
We are searching for someone, who can provide leadership and promote a culture that values technical excellence as well as continuous improvement and learning. Collaboration skills is are highly required, you will collaborate with different teams, e.g. DevOps team members to diagnose and resolve incidents.
- Write high-quality cloud-based software that will perform at scale, be supportable, and be extensible.
- Collaborate with architects to validate technical feasibility. Ensure and collaborate with the DevOps team that the software stack integrates with the existing CI/CD pipeline.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the platform and its components.
- Design, plan and deliver high-quality software in line with existing design controls.
- Participate with Quality Engineers, DevOps, and SecOps to drive test automation and codification of compliance and security into the development toolchain and operations monitoring systems.
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re searching for a challenge where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where your passion nfor technology and your focus on delivery will impact the lives of patients fighting cancer and many other disease areas in the future.
We need a highly motivated self-starter with a curiosity that drives you. You embrace and value lean and agile principles to achieve positive outcomes. You are a great teammate with common sense and a good communicator that gets to the point quickly.
You have a university degree or equivalent in computer science, engineering or other related fields. Experience working in a multicultural environment and proven cultural awareness. Experience in the diagnostics, pharmaceutical or healthcare industry or other highly regulated industries like finance or insurance are seen as highly advantageous.
We search someone with 5+ years of experience and 2+ years of know-how in the design and implementation of cloud solutions utilizing AWS. Additionally, you are skilled in data modeling and designing.
Furthermore, you bring:
- Experience in successfully building, deploying, and supporting an enterprise-scale web application in the cloud.
- Spring, API, Integration with 3rd party applications and knowledge of MySQL or NoSQL (Mongo, Cassandra).
- You are a quick learner with the ability to understand complex workflows and develop and validate innovative solutions to tackle difficult problems.
- Strong sense of accountability and will to succeed while playing fair in a multicultural team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Are you interested in this position but have additional questions? Feel free to contact our Recruiting Team Switzerland +41 61 682 25 50
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.