We believe it’s urgent to deliver medical solutions right now – even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives. We are courageous in both decision and action.
And we believe that good business means a better world.
That is why we come to work each day. We commit ourselves to scientific rigour, unassailable ethics, and access to medical innovations for all. We do this today to build a better tomorrow.
We are proud of who we are, what we do, and how we do it. We are many, working as one across functions, across companies, and across the world.
We are Roche.
Senior DevOps Engineer
At Roche, we believe every employee makes a difference. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives. We are fearless in both decision and action; we believe that good business means a better world.
Are you looking for a new, meaningful opportunity, to develop your skills as a Senior DevOps Engineer? Then this position as an Engineer, with a positive mindset might be the right one for you!
Roche launched its NAVIFY brand demonstrating its commitment to provide healthcare professionals with digital decision support solutions that transform patient care and therefore improve the life of patients. The existing portfolio will in the near future, evolve rapidly to include additional decision support applications and workflow products that address challenges faced by healthcare providers as well as research and development applications. Patient data security and privacy are of the highest priority for Roche.
In this context, Roche is building a very specialized Switzerland & California based team that builds and operates a cloud platform for its medical and clinical SaaS products. This team will be responsible for tackling the cybersecurity, compliance, and DevOps challenges of the healthcare industry while enabling high-velocity product development. The Senior Cloud Architect will be an integral member of this team providing leadership for technology strategy and adoption.
We search for someone who will actively collaborate with software developers, product managers, test engineers, administrators on projects.
- Perform capacity scheduling, performance tuning, automation and tools development
- Develop and maintain the continuous integration and continuous delivery pipeline
- Collaborate with the DevOps teams of the SaaS products built on the platform to resolve incidents and implement changes quickly and efficiently
- Implementation of platform reliability, high availability and security measures and monitoring thereof
- Work with management to set priorities and track operational metrics
We are looking for someone participating in planning, system demos, inspecting & adapting events as well providing on-call support for the platform. You will drive and coordinate platform adoption, actively and positively engaging product development, quality, regulatory, and customer success teams.
Your passion for technology, reliability and operational excellence will impact the lives of patients fighting cancer and many other disease areas in the future. We look for a highly motivated self-starter with curiosity that drives you. You embrace and value lean and agile principles to achieve positive outcomes. You are a great teammate with common sense and a good and efficient communicator.
We need someone with a university degree or equivalent in computer science, engineering or other related field. Having had exposure to working in a multicultural environment and proven cultural awareness is important. Experience in the diagnostics and pharmaceutical industry or other highly regulated industries like finance or insurance is seen as highly advantageous.
Who you are:
- 5+ years experience in systems engineering/DevOps role is required also knowledge of the design and development of the toolchain for DevOps
- Proven deep knowledge of Linux systems and internals (Debian/Ubuntu preferred)
- Experience working with cloud-based technologies (CloudFlare CDN, Qualys WAS) is highly desirable
- Experience in creating software to automate production systems with one of the following languages: Python, Ruby, Java, Go, etc. Python/Ruby experience is preferred
- Good understanding of networking and related protocols. Obliged is a strong understanding of fundamentals (HTTP, DNS, TLS)
You have demonstrated experience in solving problems and working with a team to resolve web-scale production issues. Strong experience with configuration management, monitoring, and systems tools (e.g. Salt, Ansible, Nagios, Graphite, Fluentd, etc.) is required
Furthermore, you bring:
- An understanding of cloud provisioning tools, e.g. CloudFormation and Terraform
- Strong knowledge of docker/container technologies and orchestration (Kubernetes, Docker Swarm)
- In-depth experience with AWS Cloud infrastructure (EC2, RDS, VPC peering, S3, API Gateway, etc.)
- Exposure to messaging pub/sub systems (e.g. RabbitMQ, Active-MQ, Kafka)
- Solving problems on critical development systems (Build failures, critical web services)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Are you interested in this position but have additional questions?
Feel free to contact our Recruiting Team Switzerland +41 61 682 25 50
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.