Syngenta is a leading company in agricultural chemistry helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to help increase crop productivity, protect the environment, and improve health and quality of life.
We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
We work in a collaborative and inspiring culture where personal contribution is rewarded, and growth and development are at the heart of our culture.
Team Leader Analytical Research & Development / Analytical Project Leader
In our global analytical function, you will act as an Analytical Project Leader for a selection of established and new active substances. You will perform all tasks related to the active substances, formulated products, raw materials, and intermediates by supporting the chemical process development and formulation development, providing Product Chemistry data for the worldwide registration of crop protection chemicals, and performing quality assessments when selecting an external manufacturer. For this broad range of activities, you will take part in interdisciplinary and international projects and work in close collaboration with other technical, regulatory, supply chain and marketing functions.
In this role you will lead an analytical laboratory with a team of technicians / Laboranten to conduct the required analyses. The labs are well equipped, and a variety of techniques is available that is suitable to cope with the wide range of analytical challenges. The laboratory staff is experienced and strongly engaged in supporting you. Providing and interpreting analytical data as well as developing and implementing new analytical methods/techniques together with your staff will be at the heart of your daily job.
- A university degree (or equivalent) in Chemistry, Analytical Science, or related discipline
- Conversant with most modern analytical methods, especially chromatography and spectroscopy
- Good leadership skills including coaching and influencing competencies
- Good project management skills
- Able to deliver to tight deadlines and being result oriented
- Used to work in international project teams
- Good communication skills
- Excellent command of English and German (local language: German, contacts within Syngenta network and to external partners: English)
- Team player; flexible to work with different cultures and backgrounds
- Previous experience in working in a GLP (Good Laboratory Practice) regulated environment would be beneficial
What we offer:
- A position which has the potential to contribute to valuable and impactful work, in a stimulating and international environment -> #bringingplantpotentialtolife
- A responsible role with engaging challenges
- An open and pleasant working environment
- Flat hierarchy and an open culture
- An attractive benefit packages
- A real focus on your career development
- Well-equipped analytical laboratories and experienced laboratory staff
We are looking forward for your complete application (CV, diplomas, cover letter and reference letters) in English or German!